cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A13 Charging issue (?)

(Topic created on: 25-01-2023 04:06 AM)
Student
Options

3 week old device, 1 prior issue (similar to this). No other issues that would rise suspicion of a motherboard problem  found. Unexpectedly stops charging in the middle of charge, stops at 15%. Cable and brick both work normally on a different device. 
However, the A13 charges until it reaches 15%, immediately stops charging and wont recognize the usb-c. Not able to transfer files when charging via PC after phone reaches 15%, works fine up until then. Device can be used normally, but is restricted to a 15% charge.

Attempted fixes:

- Changing cable/brick
- Clearing connections.
- Rebooting.
- Checking settings.
- Clearing cache.

// Not been able to recreate issue on other A13 devices

The "Protect battery" feature had been activated at all times,  "prior issue"  had been resolved by disabling the feature and resetting the device. This no longer solves the issue. First time device has reached >15% since purchase.

Is it possible there is a software error with the "Protect battery" feature that mistakenly changes the % on the clamp that cuts out the charger? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Student
Options

issue has been resolved, no idea what fixed it.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Student
Options

issue has been resolved, no idea what fixed it.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's fantastic to hear @01001011   👍 

If the issue returns then do check the charging port on the phone with a torch to see if there's a build up of debris in there, and a diagnostic can be run via your Samsung Members app.

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone too.

All the best. 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes