Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A12 Buggy and unstable

(Topic created on: 02-11-2022 06:51 AM)
WilliamA
First Poster
Options

I bought this A12 because I wanted a phone with basic features that I could pay for outright up front.  I expected it to be slow but this device is extremely buggy and unstable.  I came from IOS and has a IPhone 6 for years, is this what Samsung phones are like in general or did I just get a dud?  If I buy a more expensive Samsung am I going to kick myself or does Samsung have a specific model that is particularly robust and doesn't reboot and freeze up at random intervals.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
DaL4zy1
Voyager
Options
@WilliamA this doesn't happen with all samsung phones. With my phone for example(A32 5G) it is by far the most reliable phone I have ever had. Highly recommend it (apart from the camera- terrible). Cheap and affordable
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @WilliamA  You could try wiping the cache partition , this deletes temporary files but not your data and may help.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key, in A series should not need to connect to computer.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

you can also repair apps from the sane Recovery Menu.

However did you do much research before purchasing the A12?   The  MediaTek processor is known to be a relatively  poor performer but will predominantly be the case for Budget handsets.  There are higher end devices n the A range , whilst the S series is the premium one.

A variety of Samsung devices reviewed in this article https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1407169/best-samsung-phone 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DaL4zy1
Voyager
Options
I would trust him if I was you @WilliamA
0 Likes