Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G/2G option not available in connection settings after update A52s

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 03:36 PM)
babyradation
Student
Options

After the new update the  3G/2G only option is no longer available in my connection settings!
I was using 3G/2G option  to save battery and in areas where the signal is weak.
Why the 3G/2G option is not available any more?
Is there a workaround and what can be done about that problem in the future?
Samsung  will lose customers without that option in the future.

5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
Mostly because many phone providers are switching off the 2G/3G networks and you have to upgrade to 4G or the better 5G connection. 3G and 2G are outdated systems now.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Who is your carrier?
0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

So the A52s is actually an Oppo phone and so if that's the device, there's not much we can do here. You could try their community though.

If you do indeed mean the Samsung A52, you can select 2G or 3G in the settings. If you're on the latest Android 13, just open up settings, go to Connections and then Mobile Networks. From here, you can choose your Network mode for any Sim/s installed.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
babyradation
Student
Options

Network modes are displayed correctly by the carrier!
There are 3 distinct networks available.
only 4g network,only 3g network and only 2g network.
But because of non exclusive 4g/3g/2g mode in the settings  the phone always defaults to 4g.

GravityPurple
Student
Options
I agree. About Samsung dropping 3g only. My Samsung Flip 3 and S20 ultra are useless at work. Because 1 bar of 4G is unusable compared to 4 bars of 3G. Please get 3G only back or my next phone will have to be another make.
0 Likes