Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 factor authentication for Samsung account prevents accessing the account when device is lost

(Topic created on: 11-11-2021 08:23 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Just assume my device (Galaxy A50 phone) is lost or stolen, and I want to use the "find my device" option from my Samsung Account, by logging in to the account on my PC.  I won't be able to log into my Samsung account on my PC however, because I have enabled dual factor authentication, and this requires my device to be avaiiable. 

In other words, something's broken in the design of this account.  If you have lost your phone and want to access your Samsung account in order to locate your phone, then you can't login into

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Just use find my mobile. From your pc.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

My problem is I cannot use "find my mobile", because for this I need to log into my Samsung account, and with dual factor authentication enabled, a notification will be sent to my device that I cannot access since it's lost or stolen.

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
When you enabled
Dual factor authentication
It should have gave you
The option to download
Or print the codes
To find my device 🤔
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User Hello, to use the Find my mobile function remotely it is necessary to have it activated in advance. It is also recommended to have the Remote unlock option activated to be able to unlock the device. Your PIN, pattern, or password will be securely stored by Samsung.This allows you to unlock your phone in case you forget your unlock method. It also allows you to control a lost phone remotely, even when it`s locked.
Activating the Offline finding option is also recommended, because you can locate your device even if it is offline.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try using Google Find My Phone then.
0 Likes