Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What res do you use?

(Topic created on: 25-11-2019 01:50 PM)
Andy3
Voyager
Options

I'm just wondering what screen resolution you guys use? 1520x720,2280x1080 or 3040x1440? 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Really, that isn't the case.

There's been many posts on here where some have had an issue, some haven't.

One such issue is the new 7 day graph on battery usage. Several of us (me included) don't see any info there, whilst others do.

Just because you have one experience with your device doesn't mean others have it the same.

With so many options available, so many different things that can be configured or enabled/disabled, so many different networks and locations, so many different apps, of course one person's experience with the same device can be totally different to another person's. 

First step should always be report it - if it happened to them after an update, it could very well be a bug with their specific setup, and if not reported that bug could make it through to the public version and affect others. So feedback/bug report should always be sent. If developers say it's fixed, that's when the factory reset should come in to it to solve that problem. 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Yes I understand that. After all its android. First rule of android and the bets program is if you find a issue the very first port of call is to clear catch partition then if the issue is still there factory reset. If it's still there after all that then report it. I have see loads of people moaning about problems with the offical firmware. A factory reset fix all there issues. Remember sometimes the new firmware gets corrupted with the old firmware. Androids first rule is wipe catch partition or factory reset with every update. Samsung also make this very clear when you join the beta program
0 Likes
JAMESCUNNY17
Pioneer
Options

@Andy3  3040x1440 reason I buy top of range devices is so I can use them to their full potential  the difference in battery life isn't sufficient  enough to change to a lower setting thoroughly enjoy S10+ plus feel I will do same when I move over to Note10 5G 

0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

Its nothing to do with needing a factory reset at all, its been the same on all samsung phones  I've had that can go qhd ,its noticable when you type, maybe I notice it more than others.

The resolution is higher ,frame rates drop when resolutions are increased ,especially at 4k .

That's probably what I'm seeing ,if it was 90 hurtz I probably wouldnt see it.

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Your just being stupid now. Do you have a 4k tv? Or monitor do you play your xbox 1 or ps4 on your 4k monitor or tv. TV is 4k @24fps xbox 1 or ps4 Is 4k@30fps. PC is only normally 4k@60fps. Unless you have a real high end pc. You will not notice any lag at 4k@24,30 or 60fps. You wont see any lag on a small 5inch screen. 3040x1440 is not 4k it's super 2k. 4k is 3840x2160 which the s10 does not do. Do not confuse 3040x1440 as 4k
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

So what we've established is that Andy is right, everyone else is wrong?

Again, just because you dont perceive lag, doesn't mean others don't. 

Or are you just being stupidly pedantic Andy? 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I perceive lag very very well thanks I play loads of online games buddy if there is a hint of lag I leave that game. The s10 does not lag in any way. I dont just have access to this s10. I also have access to another 10 s10s and 10 s10+ all with android 10 beta. None of them lag and the all have a variety of apps and games on them.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Curious, how many of them have the empty last 7 days battery graph? 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
5 of them suffered that problem but a factory reset fixed the issue on all of them.
0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

That will be your broad band connection if your online game lags ..........

I've built my own pc and had high end cards in and low end cards in and you'll be surprised how much bumping up from 1080p can seriously drop frame rates .

Yeah it's a small screen compared to a pc monitor ,tv etc but the s10 plus doesnt have an rtx 2080 or Vega 64 gpu in with i7 processor does it .

On your 10 s10s you have type on your keyboard in qhd then turn it to fhd and then see if you notice a difference. 

Bottom line is I do and I notice it but I'm not allowed to notice it according to you and I need to factory reset my phone even tho I've noticed the same situation on my s8 plus and s9 plus years ago,maybe that's why phones are turning to 90 hurtz displays now to ready themselves for higher resolutions hence the rumoured s11 having 8k screen and 120 hurtz display 

0 Likes