Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with intermittent RCS

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 04:32 PM)
Goatee2
Explorer
Options
Using the stock messages app (as it works better with the Galaxy Active watch & Bixby) but it keeps switching between RCS & standard by itself. Sometimes I'll send a message and get the blue RCS button, other times it'll be the green button. If my wife sends me a text through Google messages and it's on RCS it can take hours, sometimes days to come through. Restart used to temporarily fix it, but doesn't any more. I've even done a master reset & no joy No rhyme or reason why it keeps switching? I'm using an Unlocked S10 on EE in the UK, currently using the latest Beta Is anyone having the same problems or know how to fix?
7 REPLIES 7
m1ckbr1t
Pioneer
Options
I had a similar problem with Samsung chat so I downloaded Google messages and both apps failed to register for RCS. I ended up factory reseting my device after couple of days messing about and Samsung messages started working but my friend at the same time I had issues, they had failed to send chat messages and I reckon it was a problem with the network but can't be sure....
KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
I have intermittent issues with RCS using Samsung messages on 3 in the UK. Just a few minutes ago I got a message failed to send notice when messaging my daughter. I had to send as sms instead. Sometimes it can fail for hours. But I still prefer the Samsung default app over Google messages as I like pinning conversations and individual message tones.
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Goatee2,

Have you already tried to clear cache of the Messages app?

If that won't help, please, report this problem via the Members application, so that our developers can analyze the issue :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:. Do not forget to attach log files 😊.

m1ckbr1t
Pioneer
Options
when I was having the issue I cleared data and cache for the app and that did not work. I would have cleared the phones cache but can't get into the android system at boot up to clear it
Goatee2
Explorer
Options
I've reported it several times with logs, but never heard anything. if anything it's got worse. if someone with RCS messages me I don't get the message for ages, sometimes days.
0 Likes
KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
you have to plug the phone into a windows pc and press volume up with power to access it. it is the only way since the upgrade.
0 Likes
NV_UK
Navigator
Options
same here it has gotten worse in the last few months. On S20+ and have reported it to Samsung multiple times only to get random responses. They miss the point clearly.