Did you mean: 

Phone is updating... Optimising app # of ##

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 09:37 AM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

After an update, the phone boots, and there's a black screen with:

"Phone is Updating...

Optimising app # of ###" then eventually "Optimising storage".

What's the difference between that app optimisation, and the galaxy labs app optimisation that it suggests I do after an update?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
It's a standard part of the updating process and happens every time the software updates to a new version - happens with security patches etc. My guess is that it is checking versions of the apps installed against the latest software so they run smoothly.
The Galaxy labs optimising is closing down apps that don't need to be running to save RAM and battery and checking for anything that is causing the phone to run abnormally.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Hey - cheers for the reply.

I had seen it before, but only just occured to me that they claim to be doing the same thing.

The Galaxy labs optimising isn't quite that, I don't think - what you've described sounds like the Settings-Device care- Optimise now.

The Galaxy Labs "App Booster" claims to optimize and improve performance up to 15%, and it suggests running it after an OS upgrade, and once per week. 

0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

The first optimization is to allow the device to run smoothly (to make sure that there are no problems with compatibility with the system).
The labs optimization is to improve the way they work in the environment already created. So they work faster and better (and unnecessary data is removed etc.) 😊