Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion photos

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 12:29 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I thought motion photos recorded a clip at either side of the photo it takes?
The ones I've been taking in the last few days seem to record a clip before, but not after, so the photo is taken at the end of the clip. 
It also doesn't always seem to line up - I've had a couple that have a photo that doesn't seem to be part of the motion clip, and seems to be about half a second after the clip finished.

Can anyone confirm similar behaviour and expectations? 
4 REPLIES 4
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
As far as I've noticed, motion photo has only ever recorded 1s worth of video BEFORE the pic. Nothing for after.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
hmmm, perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, or remembering from my iOS days.
I've got another device on Android 10/OneUI2.5 - I'll check on that.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

Motion function records the clip only before taking a photo. It doesn't record anything after a photo is taken. So as you said, the photo is taken at the end of the clip. This is a normal behavior 😉.

If you notice any issues regarding the motion function, please report them via the Members app :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've checked this on another device on Anroid 10/OneUI2.5, and yes you're both correct, it only records a clip _before_ the photo.

I think part of what's thrown me is the how much of a delay there seems to be between the end of the motion part, and the image being taken. 

Quite often when I'm taking a photo of something in motion (like my baby laughing), it missing a considerable amount between the end of the clip and the actual image. 

I took a photo of him on a swing, and when you flick through the photos there's a drastic change to his position on the image once the motion part stops. 

0 Likes