Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 05:16 AM)
PNipz
First Poster
Options
Anyone else had any issues with this since the last update? My phone certainly hasn't been exposed to significant moisture and I have tried to dry the port just in case. It's been like this for the last couple of days. I'm unable to charge through the port and relying on a very old wireless charger that gets very hot. 
4 REPLIES 4
PhoebeR
Apprentice
Options
could be the charger port comtacts being worn out, i suggest using a can of air to blast the port then carefully clean it with a cotton bud then trying again. it could also be down to humidity in the air, humid room, shower etc. so maybe leaving your phone in a bag of rice sat in your airing cupboard for an hour will work.

Best of luck though.
-Phoebe
0 Likes
Eck1955
Navigator
Options
Try this as it worked for me. Turn phone off then turn back on, when Samsung logo appears on startup connect your Charger to the port. Phone will continue to startup and then charge as it should and work normally thereafter.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@PNipz,

Please, check the charging port for any foreign particles such as dust or water. If it's clear, the best thing for you to do is to take your phone to one of our Samsung Support Centers so our engineers can take a look at what's triggering the message. Head to Samsung Members app > Support > Service Location, to find your nearest center :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:.

0 Likes
jigjags
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue I fitted a screen protector yesterday and the port may have got wet but I've dried it with cool air and a bit of tissue and 24 hours later I still can't clear the error or charge with a cable.
0 Likes