Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lockscreen + Password Issues - A Discussion about the broken security

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 10:55 AM)
Seanzu
Explorer
Options

Let me preface this by saying I have written up a report for this issue in the Members App. 

It started when I woke up this morning, I was having several crashing issues with Twitter. I went throught some troubleshooting steps. Cleared the apps data, etc - nothing worked. I then restarted the phone and was prompted with the "Insert Passcode" option. So I typed out the passcode I've been typing for months.  "Invalid Passcode". I typed it again, several times. I remembered reading about a lock-out issue in another firmware some months ago so figured it must be similar to that. I logged into my Samsung Account to see if I could force unlock from the website, this did not work as it said the mobile was offline. 

I then sat down and contacted Live Chat. We went through several troubleshooting options and nothing worked - up until I had to factory reset the mobile. I began, it then asked me a couple of google account security questions and then we came to a "RScreenshot_20191029-040131_Settings.jpgestore Backup" option, which prompted me to use my passcode to decrypt it, lo-and-behold it worked. 

With the passcode removed I began setting me phone back up, closed the live chat and figured I'd set the passcode up later, I got around to doing this and well - the phone refuses to let me add a new password and throws up a "Screenlock was already changed. Try again with the new screen lock". 

I've stumbled upon several people having this same issue, it all started yesterday and it is preventing people from securing their devices. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/doar87/locked_out_of_phone_android_10_beta/

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/doa3pg/one_ui_20_major_bug/

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/do9cqg/lock/

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Questions/Screen-Lock-Issue/m-p/1372664#M364

These are just some of the threads with multiple people having the issue and preventing people from protecting their 1000$+ phone incase it's stolen. 

Please, if anyone is having the issue make Samsung aware by commenting in this thread. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
hartley95uk
First Poster
Options

Yes just started on mine this morning, kept receiving pin incorrect message managed to unlock using Samsung remote unlock from my other phone even though it report something went wrong. Not sure what to do now.

0 Likes
Lenalevelsup
First Poster
Options

This happened to me yesterday evening. I was so frustrated at having to factory reset my brand new s10+ after getting everything set how I wanted and I still can't lock my phone or set up things like Samsung pay. Comes with the territory of beta testing I know but hopefully they can get it sorted out quickly 

0 Likes
bomp306
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here!!! 

Reported via beta feedback, lost all my data but to be honest wanted to do a fresh install soon anyway. 

Just need Samsung to release a fix ASAP so I can set security on my phone. Until then it's pointless trying to get my phone set up as it's not secure.

S10+ in the UK

@Lenalevelsup wrote:

This happened to me yesterday evening. I was so frustrated at having to factory reset my brand new s10+ after getting everything set how I wanted and I still can't lock my phone or set up things like Samsung pay. Comes with the territory of beta testing I know but hopefully they can get it sorted out quickly 

0 Likes
Solution
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey everyone,

I am really sorry for this situation.

The fix has already been sent to your devices and you can download it here:

Settings → Software Update → Download and install

RH82
Student
Options

I can confirm that the update has fixed the issue for me. Thanks 

Brieuc1
First Poster
Options

Not for me. How can I resolve the problem please ??

0 Likes