Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag with navigation gestures

(Topic created on: 27-11-2020 08:52 AM)
Ayajul
Apprentice
Options
Hello, 

I have noticed a lag/delay when swiping up with the navigation gestures to go back home. Almost 70% of the time I have to swipe up twice just so that it can recognize the command. Similar think with the gestures to change between apps. 
17 REPLIES 17
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
The Gesture Hints is only a very thin line, but what this does is assign a dedicated area for the Gesture actions, whereas without it there could be other buttons triggers in that area so it delays while choosing which action to take.

Screenshot_20201129-175659_One UI Home_6337.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Ayajul,

I am sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😕. Please, report it via the Members app! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
Duckens
Student
Options
Unfortunately it has not been fixed with 2nd Beta. I had to go back to using Buttons instead of swipe gestures. It's frustrating when you're trying to go the recent app view but ending up scrolling the screen down instead.
0 Likes
bhai giri
First Poster
Options

If all people has an issue with the occasional lag with gesture navigation (wherein it looks as if the fps just drops like crazy). I found that if Phoenix Homes you pressure forestall Pixel Launcher and clear the cache for it, the gestures move back to normal.

0 Likes
Incognito
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue with my A22. When using the navigation buttons it is smooth but gestures are laggy and jittery. The thing is I am worried about burn in when using the navigation buttons.

0 Likes
VJP
First Poster
Options

Same lag or missed command issue on galaxy a53

0 Likes
Hypertext1464
Pioneer
Options

I seem to get lag with my A12 when using gesture navigation, it really annoys me sometimes. All I want it to do is go home, why is that apparently so hard for my galaxy to do?

0 Likes
Hypertext1464
Pioneer
Options
Used to have this issue to, but after android 13 update it works perfectly smooth now.
0 Likes