Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta 2: overall experience S20 5G

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 04:35 PM)
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
I posted recently that the major issue I've experienced (as have many others) concerns the 120 Hz refresh rate: if I enable that, then the phone is terribly sluggish, gets hot and is essentially not usable. Switching back to 60 Hz solves that issue.

Except not really. This phone is designed for a higher refresh rate and it's super although at the expense of greater power consumption. You really do notice the difference when you set the display to Standard, ie, 60 Hz.

Related to this issue, I think, is some weird screen behaviour. For example, when I wake up the phone by swiping the screen, I get a momentary screen of really big app icons before the screen settles itself into the normal display. This takes only about a second but its noticeable every time. Definitely not good.

But apart from these things, I've had no other bad experiences. I don't use this phone for gaming but I do stream video and make big use of social networks. No complaints in these areas at all.

So if Samsung is able to roll out the next beta with these display issues addressed, then I think we'll be in a pretty good place.

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You should really post this feedback in the Beta forum as that will be monitored by the Beta team

0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
I'll do that, thanks. Can't find the forum though. Where is it?
0 Likes
robbiekhan
Journeyman
Options
I've found that when using the phone right after lifting it off the charging pad that the screen framerate is visibly choppy for a few minutes before resuming normal high refresh rates. This can be replicated daily.
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Jangles,

Our developers are working hard to fix the 120hz issue. The update fixing the issue will be available soon 😊.

I am glad to hear that besides this issue, you're enjoying this year's Beta experience!

0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Yes, that too
0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the update on an expected fix for the 120 Hz issue. 'Soon' is good!
0 Likes