Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another beta?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 08:20 AM)
themoominator
Explorer
Options
So with One UI 3.0 being pulled do we think there are at least another 1 or 2 betas coming down the line? Been over 2 weeks since the last one now.

Samsung haven't even released the Jan security patches in the UK yet for Android 10 (except the EE variant)
8 REPLIES 8
KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
they need to sort out the problem with not being able to go into recovery mode to wipe the cache partition. it just restarts over and over again.

I am not the only person with this issue. someone on Android Central forums was complaining about the same issue and they have the stable version. so I dunno.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
the uk beta has the January security patch. So you really can't say it's out of date.
Thing is that there are still issues with Google pay amongst other programs, so they need to sort out the final beta with a code that will make everything work.
Stina
Journeyman
Options
not ideal but I find if I plug the phone into my pc and do the restart I can access the recovery mode, this is the only way I can since downloading the beta updates
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@themoominator,

Unfortunately, we don't know how many Beta updates will be available yet.

Everything depends on the issues that have to be fixed. If the next update causes any problems, then another update will be required (hopefully not). It's really hard to predict 😔.

0 Likes
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
yes its the same for me also kizzy. but thats obviously normal on beta software
0 Likes
KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
yes. thanks for this. instead of pressing volume down/bixby/power I had to press volume up/power whilst connected by USB to a Windows PC. when I tried with my chromebook it didn't work. but finally wiped my cache again.
0 Likes
KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
it is also happening on stable. I help with Android Central forums and it has come up there for people on various galaxy phones with the stable version as well.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Have just seen on xda forums that a new stable update has been released in Switzerland with build number EUA4
0 Likes