Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to find how to downgrade from beta

(Topic created on: 24-09-2022 08:48 AM)
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
Yesterday I withdrew from the beta on my S21 ultra  via the Samsung members app, I was enjoying the beta and only withdrawn due to getting a new device and selling my S21 ultra  I don't really want to sell it with beat software on it.
So I downloaded and installed the latest version of smart switch onto my PC, however, there is no downgrade option in there, I've been through almost every possible option on there but can't find it for the life of me, anyone know what's going on? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Coddy79
Apprentice
Options
You can't downgrade that way.
You need a computer, a software called Odin and the firmware for your phone. But read online before about it otherwise you'll brick your phone.
0 Likes
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
I am aware of Odin, and the firmware from Sam mobile, but in the beta terms and conditions it states that if you want to leave the beta then all you have to do is withdraw and plug your phone into a PC, download smart switch and you will be presented with a downgrade option which will revert your phone back to the previous stable version.
0 Likes
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
No rollback option on smart switch
Screenshot_20220924_112849_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
Gave up and just downloaded the last official BTU firmware from Sam mobile and flashed it via Odin, it's in official firmware now and facory reset
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @GooseSnipe,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I am glad you managed to sort it out somehow. But still thank you for the feedback, I will ask pass it forward to the developer team so they can make sure that the Beta Withdrawal procedure works fine for the future 😁

Have a good day!

Edit: I have received a reply - The downgrade button should already show in Smart Switch 😊

0 Likes