Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gestures still broken. Leads to "touch problem" or "animation stutter"

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 11:29 AM)
oile
Explorer
Options

Full screen gestures are still broken even in beta 2.

When you swipe very very fast and swiftly from the edge of the screen towards the middle, user can notice that system is firstly buffering the central swipe (wich correspond to specific app functions) and only subsequently the "back" action. This despite the "back" arrow animation shown in time wich demonstrates that movement registration is OK but buffering hierarchy is not. 

This problem has been referred as "touch problem" or "animation stutter" in many threads over reddit and forums. The reason is that for a very brief moment system reacts to the wrong action input.

But in reality it is a non perfect hierarchy of gesture interpretation.

You can reproduce the bug mechanically swiping very very fast from edge to center in whatsapp (where it will trigger VERY BRIEFLY the camera or status pages from left or right respectively) or in Gmail (where it will trigger very briefly set action for single emails).

This is a unique bug that only Samsung have since Android 11

Setting a new home launcher doesn't resolve the issue (maybe because part of one Ui launcher still remains in memory to manage multitasking and gestures).

Using One hand operation plus (setting only back action to all the swipes) fixes the problem. 

Please escalate this report to the engineer in charge.

Thank you for your consideration and sorry for the double post 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Vindra
Apprentice
Options

We all have this problem, please fix it

redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Hi, I don't know if it helps or hinders with the troubleshooting, but I can do the "Palm to capture" screenshot technique repeatedly with no problems. (Appreciate it may be a different activation hierarchy to what you've described).
oile
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your reply! Actually not a bad idea but it works separately from gestures. It probably works scanning multiple touch points on a strict vertical range of pixels: as our touch is a 10-point max, 3 point of touch of our palm aligned on the same column probably is enough to trigger the specified action.

In any case It demonstrates once again that touch panels are perfectly fine but system swipe detection for navigation purposes is not. 

0 Likes
Members_0bVlw6E
First Poster
Options

I can confirm, gestures are broken indeed

0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @oile,

Thanks for your feedback and detailed explanation! Please report this using Samsung Members app with all the info you provided and the developer team will take this forward 😉

Have a good day!

feedyourbiology
First Poster
Options

It has been over 8 months and on my brand new A54, the navigation gestures are still broken. Should I regret going with Samsung this time around?

0 Likes
Members_A6s1Kjy
Apprentice
Options

I am currently using a54 and still the bug is not fixed. I am in shock after switching from MIUI where these gestures worked flawlessly.

0 Likes