Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Keeps Switching Itself On

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 08:08 PM)
robd1
Voyager
Options
Only problem I've hit so far, with nothing close by with bluetooth active. 3rd time I've noticed this evening, not a major problem but will have an impact on the battery life.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Do you have a music player active ??
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hi pete007, no just my LG C1 tv. Just investigating if it's running on there. Dex or Smartview not running. Continue Apps on Other Devices enabled, all under Connected Devices.
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @robd1 ,

Thanks for pointing that out! Could you please report this issue via Samsung Members? Maybe the developers will think of something after seeing the logs 🤔

Have a good day!

0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello, tried to report it via Samsung Members/Error Report, but it asks for File to be given permission. Unfortunately, that is not in my list of options to enable/allow.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Apologies, finger trouble. App Permissions for File required via Settings, but it is not an option I can enable, as it is not visible to me.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Finally managed to copy full error message :-
Allow permission
To use Error reports, tap Settings, go to App Info > Permissions, then allow the following
permissions:
Files
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
Have you checked the Bluetooth control history and Bluetooth Scan History to see if anything shows at the time Bluetooth switches on?

This can be accessed via:
Settings> Connections > Bluetooth > sub-menu (three vertical dots top right corner) > Advanced

Then you will see the two options suggested above.
Screenshot_20220903_150341_Settings_1000000102_1662213919.pngScreenshot_20220903_150347_Settings_1000000103_1662213828.png
On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hi @BenGinders, thanks for the pointer. Bluetooth Control History had the only relevant entry - Samsung Members turning on Bluetooth at 21:22 on 1/9/22. This was one of my unexpected switch ons - so to speak.
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
Glad I was able to help, from what I am aware the Memebers app uses Bluetooth control to complete diagnostics on your phone, but at least you can turn off the permissions for that app now to prevent future unexpected activations 😀
On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes