Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xpress C480w - need to set up on new wireless network

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 02:39 PM)
TPF
First Poster
Options

Feeling really stupid as having changed by BT router ( so now have new wi fi network name and password) I can't work out how to get the printer on it is so we can print form our remote devices (Iphone  & Ipad). I just assumed printer would identify available networks and I could enter the password for correct one!

Can anyone make any suggestions in not-too-techie speak to help please?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
whatthef
First Poster
Options

You need to dowload the original Samsung SL-C480 Series Print Driver from HP and run the setup.exe. Then you can change the network settings. Also you need the usb-cable.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-c480-color-laser-multifunction-pr...

0 Likes
Tor4343
First Poster
Options

For anyone not wanting to spend 30 minutes looking for the link, here is one from archive.org from samsung

https://archive.org/details/Samsung_C48X_Series_Driver

-Remove any old Samsung C480X or other printer queues that might mess up
-Run the setup.exe as administrator
-Choose "New Printer"
-Choose "Wireless"
-Click "Cancel" (On the popup box)
-Click "Next" (If you get en error, disconnect the USB, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the USB)
-Choose you network in the list, click "Next"
-Type Password, click "next"
-Next
-Disconnect USB cable, Next
-Chose what you want, I only have Drivers and OCR, and NO SW Updates (at least in first run), Next
-I removed stylish, I don't know what it is..., Next
-Running Installation, please wait...
-It's nice to print a test page, next
-Tested ok!

After some more testing it looks like the old software "lost a lot in translation"... I tested with paint.net, and all my settings here did not get passed correctly to the printer. So i tried running the setup again same choices as last time, only i chose the "update software part", and tested some more.
It added another printing queue Named: Samsung C480W (192.168.1.20) (you can delete the old one)
It looks a lot better in translation. No extra ECO popup-window. It just works (and wireless)
A LOT OF HASSLE, but it's probably a lot faster for you, since you have an OK tutorial now..... Oh well.

0 Likes
Birkan
First Poster
Options

How i can type this symbol “!” with printer keyboard? 

0 Likes