Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW SSD BOOT TIME

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 10:28 PM)
IHSS
First Poster
Options

i have a samsung 970 evo plus ssd, when i first got it it booted in 17 seconds, now  it boots in 33 seconds or more from pressing the power button. how can i troubleshoot this and get it back to its original speed or faster? i want to get the most out of my ssd.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have a look at your start up programs and see if there are some you can disable.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@IHSS wrote:

i have a samsung 970 evo plus ssd, when i first got it it booted in 17 seconds, now  it boots in 33 seconds or more from pressing the power button. how can i troubleshoot this and get it back to its original speed or faster? i want to get the most out of my ssd.

mm do you have rgb software?

The change in boot time is probably because you installed programs and they open up at start up turn the run at start up off and you should be fine

0 Likes
IHSS
First Poster
Options

yes I have rgb software. I have disabled all startup options in task manager.

0 Likes
IHSS
First Poster
Options

I have disabled all startup programs.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What is your startup now? May you install Ccleaner and into the startup utility in the program send me the screenshots of the different ares?

0 Likes
IHSS
First Poster
Options

I would not like to install Ccleaner. I have seen and heard bad things about it from friends and other people. I have literally nothing enabled on startup.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@IHSS wrote:

I would not like to install Ccleaner. I have seen and heard bad things about it from friends and other people. I have literally nothing enabled on startup.

What have you heard?

By the way it shows a load more startup things

0 Likes