Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 has usb-b port what for ? 🤷‍♂️

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 06:29 PM)
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

Hello

I have Samsung Odyssey G7 32'' and I have connected cable usb-b (printer connector on monitor?) to usb-c but it does nothing ? only shows that display connection might be limited, when I connect smartphone it doesn't charge. So what is usb-b 3.0 or is it 3.1 or 3.2 ? What is is for ?  The USB-A both charging phones.. 

Thanks

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Egg1
Voyager
Options
🤣
0 Likes
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

No problem now I know it is useless for me 

Thnx

0 Likes
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

I didn't know, in menu says fast charging so thought it support it but usb-a ports do charge phone but slow basic charge only ..

0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
You can activate fast charge via settings 👌
0 Likes
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

Hi I know but it doesn't work for smartphones so again another useless thing it is just normal 5V 1A or maybe 2A  power  .. So it is only for keyboard and mouse charge basically 

0 Likes
subsector8
First Poster
Options

@IIISi Z16 HF LE wrote:

Hello

I have Samsung Odyssey G7 32'' and I have connected cable usb-b (printer connector on monitor?) to usb-c but it does nothing ? only shows that display connection might be limited, when I connect smartphone it doesn't charge. So what is usb-b 3.0 or is it 3.1 or 3.2 ? What is is for ?  The USB-A both charging phones.. 

Thanks

Scroll all the way down to the "USB" section:

"You need to plug the USB-B to USB-A cable into your computer for the two USB ports on the monitor to work."

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/odyssey-g7-g70b-s32bg70

I bought this monitor as well, and I was wondering what the USB-B to USB-A cable that came with the monitor was for...now I know!  After I connected the USB-B to USB-A cable to the monitor, the 2 USB ports in the monitor are now active and successfully charges (and connects) my smartphone (via the monitor).

0 Likes