Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung odyssey G7 27 Power and Jog issues

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 08:36 AM)
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

Posted this in the US forum but not getting anything back:

Got issues with my Odyssey and the power on and toggle. Recently the toggle won't go the right way on OSD when it's been on for a decent amount of time (warm). This means going down on the menu doesn't do anything but up does down and left does right but no direction goes up which means I can't access the menu at all. If I push up and to the side I can sometimes get it to turn off but this is the wrong way round to what it's supposed to be.

Furthermore, when I do get it to switch off when I turn it back on again (next day or after lunch) it generally doesn't remain on on the first attempt it just flashes on with the LEDs then straight off. Second time it might remain on but equally it can just sit there and not do anything, unresponsive and has to be reset at the mains.

I know there was QA issues with these products but I assumed after the firmware fix these went away. Great monitor when it works but this early on in ownership it's not a great experience.

There's also no way to turn off auto-power off on the monitor when the source goes to sleep which is essential for some devices since they keep the monitor turning off and on once asleep.

I'm not prepared to send this away without a valid replacement therefore what is Samsung support doing about this? Seems to be a common problem and all over the forums so please don't just point me to the troubleshooting steps of turning off and on and checking the power is connected...

Running latest firmware and can send image of S/Ns but this needs a fix as I've only had this 2/3 months or so but it's not ideal.

10 REPLIES 10
Justifi
Student
Options

I have the same problem since the new firmware... i´m already in full rage mode with this button.. feels already very bad... if it´s not getting fixed soon i will throw this through the closed window 😞

please samsung - say something 😞 at least that you are looking in to this case!

0 Likes
Steff1000
Explorer
Options
yes however HDMI is usually in most cases HD( higher definition)
0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

Huh? What does hdmi and hd have anything to do with this

0 Likes
Justifi
Student
Options

Hi,

i had the same problem mate! i solved it with you will not believe it with getting this wires!

link below

the thing is the original wire (lookes like we all got the same) is ether breaking or the isolated things are just not as good as they should be.. whatever ... it’s gone since i use the new wires

Club 3D 2m DisplayPort 1.4 8K schwarz https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0767F5DNR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_53A43K6FYB9DRYAN4GN7

0 Likes
Justifi
Student
Options

adding also.. please don’t use the big plastic cap for hiding the wires .. they are bending and i think this might be also one of the reasons the wire broke inside 

0 Likes
Jeorge7th
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the same / similar issue intermittently. I cannot power off the monitor with the power toggle button. And also, very frustratingly, I cannot switch between HDMI & the other input, even though both are on and plugged in. The toggle button just seems bugged and I've only had the monitor a few months. I am going to log a samsung support case.

0 Likes
AB58
Student
Options

Hi, did you solve the issue ? If yes, how ?

0 Likes
AB58
Student
Options

Hi, what do you mean ? Buying hdmi cable ?

0 Likes
AB58
Student
Options

Hi, you mean the problem can solved by changing the displayport cable ?

0 Likes