Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 not turning on & red light on constantly.

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 11:13 AM)
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I'm just wondering if someone could help I brought the Samsung galaxy book2 pro 360, no less than  1 month ago and I closed the screen down yesterday without shutting down and know I can't get it to switch back on.

Also, the battery indicator LED is constantly red even when the charger is not plugged in.

I have tried holding the power button down to shut it down, holding the volume down  key and power button at same time, etc. So far nothing works.

This is very disappointing that an issue like this has happened, after no less than 1 month of owning it as this laptop was not cheap.

I am also a student so I rely on my laptop every single day. I also have online exams coming up this week. So i really need it to work. I would be very greatful if someone could help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Yes I had this issue multiple times. The only way I could fix it was by opening up the back of the laptop and disconnecting the battery for about 10 seconds. It's a shame that they still haven't fixed this issue because it's an amazing laptop.

Just to make sure you are plugging the thunderbolt expansion hub into the first left port and not the right side port. Because I was plugging the thunderbolt expansion into the right side port which isn't the thunderbolt 4 port and this was when I was getting this issue. Recently I haven't had this issue at all.

0 Likes
MarvelousSmurf
Student
Options
No was plugging into the left first port with the lighting icon
0 Likes
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options
Ok cool well currently the only solution that I have found is to open up the laptop and disconnect the battery for 10s, but this will void the warranty I think so its your choice if you want to do it.
MarvelousSmurf
Student
Options
I would do that if it didn't void my 2 year Care+ package as well as warranty!! Samsung will only infer a pick up repair via courier. Don't want to send via courier with my data on it as they lost my trade In phone... Will have to exercise legal right to refund instead
0 Likes
Zozom
First Poster
Options

Could you fix it?

Mine isn't even 4 week and now it's not turning on

I don't know what to do with all the security data I have on it

0 Likes
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I fixed mine multiple times by opening it up and disconnecting battery for 10 seconds. But this will void the warranty so its your choice if you want to do this. What was the last thing you done, or what did you have plugged in when you switched it off. 

Mine has seemed to sort its self out I'm not sure if this, is due to an update.

Thanks, Tom

Cameron5
First Poster
Options

It sounds like you're experiencing issues with your Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360. Dealing with technical problems can be frustrating, especially when you need your laptop for daily tasks and upcoming exams. Have you tried reaching out to Samsung's customer support for assistance? They may be able to help you troubleshoot and get your laptop back up and running. Best of luck with both your device and your exam results!

0 Likes