Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 not turning on & red light on constantly.

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 11:13 AM)
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I'm just wondering if someone could help I brought the Samsung galaxy book2 pro 360, no less than  1 month ago and I closed the screen down yesterday without shutting down and know I can't get it to switch back on.

Also, the battery indicator LED is constantly red even when the charger is not plugged in.

I have tried holding the power button down to shut it down, holding the volume down  key and power button at same time, etc. So far nothing works.

This is very disappointing that an issue like this has happened, after no less than 1 month of owning it as this laptop was not cheap.

I am also a student so I rely on my laptop every single day. I also have online exams coming up this week. So i really need it to work. I would be very greatful if someone could help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MrT_Stephens   Did you hold the power and volume down  button simultaneously for  at least 10 seconds?  If that does not work   connect the  charger and at least see if you can partially recharge.  In other words leave for a while once connected  and then see if will power on.  see some information here support/knowledge-base-Galaxy Book 

Hopefully your work will be accessible, however it is advisable to back it up. information about Back up options here : https://www.samsung.com/Recovery Options 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
jlcordova
First Poster
Options

Hello, were you able to solve this issue?

0 Likes
Jake Hoeffner
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issue too! Any luck?

0 Likes
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have had this issue multiple times know and i have tried everything to sort it and the only solution, that i currently have is opening the laptop up and disconnecting the battery for about 20 seconds. But i wouldn't advise doing this unless you know what you are doing because its not the easiest to get in the first time.

Thanks, Tom

0 Likes
Prospero74
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem i cant figure out whats wrong

0 Likes
MrT_Stephens
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone who has had this issue use a thunderbolt expansion hub. Because in my case from what I can tell its to do with not shuting the computer down properly then plugging in the thunderbolt expansion hub.

0 Likes
Prospero74
First Poster
Options

I have a Lacie Dock unit with charging and hub to my monitor so i plug it in there

0 Likes
jlcordova
First Poster
Options

I also had it connected to a docking station through the thunderbolt when this happened

0 Likes
MarvelousSmurf
Student
Options

I have similar problem after using Thunderbolt expansion hub. Can't power on my Galaxy Book2 360 13" anymore. Its completely dead other than the green LED light on continuously. They clearly have an issue with this new model to do with battery and power! Either not working or over heating... my device is only 6 weeks old. Samsung support are waste of time.

My is registered but I can't use online support to book a repair as the site will not recognise the serial number (even though it is correct). Tried calling support who couldn't help and would only book a pick up repair even though Samsung offer both doorstep repair and take to a UK service centre. They couldn't sort either option. As I don't want to send it via a courier given the personal data on it, the only option is a refund apparently... I also bought a Watch4 and a S22 Ultra at the same time as my Book2. All with 2 years Sansung Care+ Overall sound £3000+  Now I have a useless device and cant get service or support. Will never buy Samsung again. I was about to buy 2 new 2022 QLED TVs but will buy LG or Sony instead

0 Likes