Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Evo 970 EVO Plus is not supported by samsung magician + Drive Health

(Topic created on: 21-06-2021 01:52 AM)
Ali-S
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

I have samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB and it's not supported by magician, everything like diagnostic scan, over provisioning, performance optimization (like retrim), secure erase, PSID revert and encrupted driver are not supported.

and i checked the trim was enable, already updated to latest BOIS (MSI Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi), using ACHI mode, installed NVM driver 3.3, using latest Samsung Magician 6.3.0 and it says me driver is genuine, not sure what to do!

image_2021-06-21_024528.png

Secondly my driver health went from 100% to 99% with only 67 days of use.

I checked with crystaldiskinfo, HD Sentinal and Hardwareinfo they showing 99% is that normal?

Screenshot 2021-06-21 024756.png

I have another SSD XPG Gen4 purcahsed same day with samsung 970 Evo Plus and still 100% and i use it to play games on it.

Can someone help me please?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Ali-S ,

I would suggest contacting our dedicated Memory Team at: samsungmemory@hanaro.eu. They will be able to have a look into this for you and provide you with further information.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Ali-S ,

I would suggest contacting our dedicated Memory Team at: samsungmemory@hanaro.eu. They will be able to have a look into this for you and provide you with further information.

0 Likes
Ali-S
Apprentice
Options

I sent to them, thank you

FrancoisDesfosses
First Poster
Options

Hi, i have the same problem here, did it was fixed by samsungmemory@hanaro.eu ? what was the solution ? best regards, Francois

0 Likes
Ali-S
Apprentice
Options

Not acutally, SSD not supported by samsung magician it got solved by it self they tried to tell me ways to remove and install the app but didn't work but apparently it was server issue from samsung side that it was not decteting the hard drive by samsung magican but it worked at the end after couple of days.

0 Likes
FrancoisDesfosses
First Poster
Options

i spend 1 hour yesterday with samsung support chat. tried everything from installing, reinstalling, tried samsung nvme drivers, and windows drivers, sadly, still the same result as you. on the support page, samsung magician said that evo 970 plus is supported. but magician does not recongnize it. i am afraid that it's due to laptop model... its a asus tuf dash f15. it has 2 m.2 slots, BUT what i do not see, is in the BIOS, i cannot tell if its in AHCI or RAID. there is no option and i have no clue how to verify that. so my next quest is to contact Asus, to see what their response will be. under device manager. i will find out i guess! thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Ali-S
Apprentice
Options

It's server issue from samsung side, give it 2 days or so and the app will work as intended and it's not from your laptop if the laptop sees the drive as Samsung 970 Evo Plus and with advertised speed/write then you good to go and you can use another 3rd party apps to monitor your SSD.

0 Likes
iHIram
First Poster
Options

You have to do the video, change the driver to AHCI from the BIOS, then try to install the Samsung driver and it should let you do it

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngnIKqPOc4

Driver 970 Evo: https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/global.semi.static/SamsungNVMExpressDriver3.3/7322A6707A720E...

0 Likes