Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S49A950 monitor needs a power cycle and sometimes full power disconnect to get back on

(Topic created on: 28-09-2022 09:50 AM)
Asgeir
First Poster
Options

Hi,

we have a bunch of these monitors and consider returning them as this problem is quite frustrating. However, we are a technical bunch and would like to see whether there is a firmware update somewhere that address' this issue. We are however unable to find any firmware update (at all) for our model. There is a YouTube video however where the person is seemingly using the same monitor with a higher firmware number but there is no guarantee that it is the exact same. Are there firmware updates available for this model?

Model: S49A950UIU
Model code: LS49A950UIUXEN
Software version: M-A9549SGPA-1004.0

6 REPLIES 6
Tarald Riise
First Poster
Options

Still nothing from support on this?

McCasian
Explorer
Options

I have all kind of issues with this monitor, including the one that you have. 

I have managed to improve the situation by avoiding using the USB HUB at all. I am using a USB-C to DisplayPort(with power injection from external charger), and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

However, I have a second machine connected on HDMI+USB-C PC IN, and that gives me headaches whenever I have to use it... I have to restart my monitor, or my laptop a few times until the USB will work properly on my Windows Laptop(with monitor drivers installed).

The hub on this monitor is a terrible and expensive joke

Retype_email
First Poster
Options

Need firmware update on two monitors. Samsung needs to get its ***** together and releas an update!

Tobis_
First Poster
Options

Have same problem.

There is no wake-up on signal it seems, so when booting my PC and not starting the monitor first it can never discover my PC signal. I have to hard boot my pc for it to show image, and then its at 640*480 with no options to correct in windows. Another reboot is required before i see a HD image. This is insanely annoying and something I have never experienced on any of my previous monitors including samsungs. A RTX 3080 is source and I dont think it is the problem as it worked great with my previous monitors. Also no input detect as I had on almost every other monitor for the past 10 years. This is cheap on a whole new level!

McCasian
Explorer
Options

similar issues happens to me on all inputs. The KVM is a disaster, Signal Detection is barely working, and recently the Monitor restart himself from time to time when the source is HDMI1 or HDMI2. 
As you said, this is cheap on a whole new level, and I think Samsung should be ashamed and recall those monitors. I also have a friend who has the same identical monitor and it has the same issues... unbelievable Samsung...

jjdeman
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. However, with mine it looks it is something in the USB c port connection. I have two laptops one is a windows surface and that one works like a dream. I have another company dell laptop which has been replaced now three times that randomly disconnects from the Samsung monitor. To my opinion it is a driver problem in combination with certain types of pc their BIOS and driver combination. Why would one pc never gives a problem and another does (my company dell laptop instant problems at random intervals, but used also a dell laptop from my wife's company and no problems). But agree that Samsung should come in action. DELL also provides nice 49" and sure that those work like a dream with Dell.

0 Likes