Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification bar not pulling down

(Topic created on: 15-06-2018 08:21 PM)
Hels
First Poster
Options

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but I have just bought a Samsung J5 2017 and the notification bar stops working randomly - basically it wont pull down.  I've no idea why. Sometimes it will start working again, other times I have to restart my phone. Any help would be great as it's rather annoying!! Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Hels

Are you able to perform other actions when the notification bar stops swiping downwards? e.g. is the phone freezing or is it just the notification bar that stops working as expected? I'd recommend performing a Soft Reset if you experience this issue again to address any temporary software problems (press the Volume Down and Power buttons for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts). If the problem persists then restart the phone in Safe Mode via the following steps and monitor the phone's performance for a few hours. This will temporarily disable any third party apps therefore if you notice an improvement then I'd recommend deleting any recently installed third party apps to remove any potential compatibility issues.

SAFE MODE: Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when theJ5 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
0 Likes