Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Samsung LU28R55 Monitor

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 10:10 PM)
Quib
First Poster
Options
I have recently got a Samsung monitor, model LU28R55. There is no sound coming out of it, I have it hooked up to my PC via HDMI, I have the monitor selected as the default sound device (And when I play something on the PC the green bar next to the monitor on the windows sound settings moves) but no sound comes out of the monitor. I've also changed both HDMI ports to AV instead of PC but no dice.

Any help is highly apreaciated. Thanks!
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

No audio or poor sound quality from Samsung monitor

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110668/#:~:text=On%20the%20monitor
0 Likes
JMyers
First Poster
Options

I learned the hard way that these monitors don't actually have speakers.  It's very odd since they have volume controls, the computer recognizes them as having speakers and even acts as if audio is being sent to them but upon contacting technical support, I was informed that they don't actually have speakers.  I then reviewed the specs on their website a little closer and saw that the full specs have "Speakers: No" listed.

Quib
First Poster
Options
Ahhhh very interesting, Thanks! I never ended up doing anything with it, I opted to spend £5 on a Bluetooth usb so I can use my JBL speaker instead of taking the monitor back. Glad I didnt try and take it back now!!
0 Likes
Joe231
First Poster
Options

Yes, it's strange as the volume control appears on the screen. Why is that?

0 Likes
Joe231
First Poster
Options

Where did you see the full specs? I looked here and cannot see anything about sound:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/7c401bc5

0 Likes
Joe231
First Poster
Options

Do you get  a volume bar in the black box on the bottom of the screen  which then disappears quickly when you turn on your computer?

Is there any reason for that?

0 Likes
rtfm
First Poster
Options

It works when you connect a speakerset without its own amplifier to the 3.1 jack on the back. The amplifier is inside the monitor and the audio comes through the HDMI cable. But the monitor has no speakers of its own.  So.. You will have to connect a pair of speakers yourself. Then you can regulate the volume with the ***** on the bottom of the monitor moving it first to the right to make the sliderbar appear and then adjusting the volume left -right will adjust the volume.

0 Likes