Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 'The Space' S27R750 has visible gaps between pixels

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 09:50 PM)
mnstrmnch
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I recently bought an S27R750 monitor and it has visible gaps between pixels to the point that it is distracting. No amount of fiddling with the settings has helped. The gaps are visible when driving the monitor from my Lenovo E14 laptop via HDMI and my 2011 iMac via DisplayPort, both at 2560x1440x60hz. For what it's worth, see the attached image.

pixels.jpg

I regularly use 2 other 27" 1440p monitors (my iMac and a Dell at work) at the same distance and I don't have any problem with either.

Do I just have a bad or defective panel or is this just not the monitor for me? I'm trying to determine whether to get a replacement or exchange for a different monitor altogether. The latter would be regretable as I absolutely love the design of this one!

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

If I'm completely honest I believe that this is not the monitor for you, this doesn't look like a defect in my opinion. It looks like a combination between a lower resolution and a larger screen.

That said, perhaps turning the brightness up might help a bit.

Before replacing it I would however recommend to let a Samsung employee with a trained eye look at it first and follow their advice :smiling-face:

Here is a photo of my own monitor (zoomed in, for comparison):20200503_224658.jpg

mnstrmnch
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply.

@SjorsK wrote:

If I'm completely honest I believe that this is not the monitor for you, this doesn't look like a defect in my opinion. It looks like a combination between a lower resolution and a larger screen.

If the monitor is not defective then I'm seriously surprised that no review I read mentioned this - the effect is just not visible at all on the two other 27" 1440p monitors I use regularly.

@SjorsK wrote:
Before replacing it I would however recommend to let a Samsung employee with a trained eye look at it first and follow their advice :smiling-face:

Regretably I probably won't be able to do this during lockdown.

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Can you post a non-zoomed in version of the screen? I'm extremely curious how it looks.
0 Likes