Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS49A950UIUXEN firmware releases

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 10:10 AM)
McCasian
Explorer
Options

Hello everybody,

Can I found somewhere some newer firmwares for my LS49A950UIUXEN? In the english website there are no updates. I am a little bit upset because I encounter some issues with the wake-up from standby, video signal detection and after wake-up from standby the inputs are taking a long break everytime.

Thank you

19 REPLIES 19
MMartinez
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm also looking for a firmware update. I'm using M-A9549SGPA-1004.0 and I see some artifacts (white discontinuous dashes) at the top of the monitor if I don't use HDR, for example in Eye Saver Mode.

I'm connecting it to a Mac Book Pro using USB-C.

I can't find a firmware update also.

Regards,

Manuel

0 Likes
mkkvl
First Poster
Options

I'm using LS49A950UIUXEN (M-A9549SGPA-1004.0) as a docking station, connected to my work laptop via USB-C. Whenever I come back from lunch/wherever and the display is in standby, and I start writing something to wake up display, then it cuts the power from USB-devices and Ethernet disconnects as well for many seconds, and it's very annoying.

Also when I detach my laptop from the USB-C, and attach it later back, then I will have to turn off and on the display, even that the laptop is on Windows desktop the whole time.

Please let me know if you already could find the new software version, thanks

0 Likes
MMartinez
First Poster
Options

I'm also experimenting a similar issue. When the display awakes there's a delay of about one minute before being able to use USB devices (mouse and keyboard). Time ago I removed from the usb on the display an external ssd drive because of the frequent disconnects.

Updating to the last version of MacOS Ventura, the new driver on the mac has solved the problem with the artifacts, but I'm still only able to choose 60Hz on the Mac when configuring the displays settings.

I'm still waiting for news about a firmware update. No response from Samsung.

0 Likes
McCasian
Explorer
Options

The issues described by you guys are exactly the issues that I encounter. I have contacted support which suggested that I should deactivate all Power Saving options but the situation didn't improved.

I always had to re-plug and/or Power-Off and On the monitor after waking from sleep(both on MacBook and Windows laptop). I had the drivers for windows installed, so it should be working as expected when I paid 1400€ for it.

Then I bought a high quality USB-C cable which support DisplayPort 1.4 to replace the original Samsung cable and the situation improved a little. Now re-plug was not needed anymore, but the KVM/USB Hub still was still not able to do the job properly, and that 5-10 seconds delay after connecting the monitor or wake up from sleep is super annoying. Also, if I let my MacBook sleep overnight while connected to the HUB, I will find it crashed and rebooted next morning, every single time.

I have contacted the Support and had a lot of particular discussion with a guy there who tried to explain that the behaviour is normal whatever I would complain of... In the end he suddenly didn't answered me at all. Great support Samsung... your Switzerland Support team is useless.

Then I decided to give up with the useless hub so I bought a USB-C <-> DisplayPort1.4 cable with Power Delivery injection from Amazon so now I have both Display and Charging over a single cable. Fortunately the keyboard and mouse is over bluetooth so I don't use the USB hub anymore(a feature that I paid for extra). The good news is that if(and only if) you use the DisplayPort connector of the monitor, you will be able to have native resolution at 120Hz, also on MacBooks :smiling-face:

It worth mentioning that I am a professional IT Engineer with deep knowledge on the Electronics(university + experience) and I fully understand that Samsung did a total mess when they installed the USB-C Hub on this monitor. The hardware on it is super super super low quality, that's why it's so unstable. This is a purely marketing move, on a monitor sold to professionals.

I have a friend, also an IT Professional and he had exactly the same problems with the same monitor. He bought a WD_Black D50 docking station to replace the useless Samsung USB Hub.

Samsung, this monitor is not for grandma which only connects a mouse to the monitor hub, this is meant to be sold to professionals... your USB hub is useless.

0 Likes
MMartinez
First Poster
Options

Hi,

At least is good to know that this issue is shared with other people, and there are ways to override the problems.

I'm using the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the monitor and, after reading your post, I will buy a USB-C to DP 1.4 with power injection.

I'm looking at Amazon and I've seen this model: https://www.amazon.es/Yiwentec-DisplayPort-Adaptador-MacBook-Displayport/dp/B0895F8VB8/ref=sr_1_2_ss...

It needs a a USB-C power source on the DP.14 connector side. The easiest thing is to connect the USB-C from the display as a power source. Is it right?

Please, can you give me a link of the cable you purchased on Amazon?

Kind Regards,

Manuel

0 Likes
McCasian
Explorer
Options

Hi Manuel

In short, your plan will work, and you will have 120Hz with native resolution :smiling-face:

It's exactly this one that i am using. + a very short 0.3 meter 60W capable USB-C cable which comes from the USB-C of the monitor + a 90 degree USB-C adapter since my HDMI2 port is busy. 

This is the 90 degree adapter: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0BC3CLNHH?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

USB-C from Monitor can provide charging so it will work, but the other one(PC-IN) will not charge your laptop.

The "problem" however, is that you have to deactivate System -> Auto Source Switch since when you wake up your laptop, will sometimes detect a device connected to USB-C IN(from where you get the power), and will switch the source to USB-C instead of DisplayPort.

Best regards

Casian

0 Likes
MMartinez
First Poster
Options

Thanks Casian,

I've already ordered the cable. I'll follow your instructions.

Best Regards,

Manuel

0 Likes
McCasian
Explorer
Options

one more update that might be useful to you:

I gave up with powering the DP cable from the monitor USB-C port because if the monitor goes in sleep mode, the power to the laptop is also cut and I was draining my battery from time to time. 

Another thing that bothered me is that waking up the laptop from sleep require to first wake up the monitor from sleep by pressing the power button for 10-20 times(because that's how hard it is to wake up my monitor from sleep)

Currently I am powering my DP port cable from an external charger, and both issues described above are solved.

0 Likes
Dilek007
First Poster
Options

how did you manage to get video out put output on USBC? i don't get it working on my MBP(have M1)

0 Likes