Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC49HG90DMUXEN problem when screen is not active during 4+ days

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 12:13 AM)
Pouleman
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I contact you because it s been 2 years I got this issue, and now I got a brand new 6900XT, I know this is not a graphic card problem, but a monitor problem :

Everytime I shut down properly the screen when I m going in holidays, when I come back at home and want to turn on the screen, I got very very weird pixels showing up, it fixes itself after a few minutes, or if I log in with another monitor, and move items to "force refresh" on the 49".

I bought the screen in 2018, and would like to replace my setup with another 49" from samsung (odyssey g9), replacing my 2 27" on top of this one, but am afraid to have the same exact problem, and in case this means the monitor is dying, I can t afford to buy 2 49" every 3 years.

Is that normal ? Do someone else experience the same issue?

Cordially.1.JPG2.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Members_bWcytvF
Student
Options

Hi i have the exact same issue, just started happening.  If I power off for the weekend, and when I power my kit back up including my Monitor i get lines every as in your images. 

It can take like up to 30 mins for it to resolve itself. It is not my laptop the problem is definitely the monitor. I'm quite disappointed that such an expensive monitor should start doing this only a couple years old. 

Pouleman
Apprentice
Options

I contacted the support the same exact day I posted the message here, still awaiting anwer, will keep you updated, but I really hope they will do something

0 Likes
Pouleman
Apprentice
Options

The automatic mail asks me if the issue is solved. No, not solved at all, no answer from support. Nothing changed, still the issue. Noone contacted me, so obviously, no, it s definetly not solved at all.

0 Likes
rw20164
First Poster
Options

I have same screen , same problem!

Pouleman
Apprentice
Options

The support told me : not in warranty anymore so I just have to cry for a problem that seems pretty common seeing reddit and have lost 1200€ thinking samsung was the best option.

I feel honestly ashamed that they know about the issue and decide not to handle it correctly, wanted to buy another one or the ARK version, but this unreliability factor made me reconsider my choice and avoid samsung monitors from now on, because spending that high budget with such poor reliability is just not something I am willing to do every 4 years.

Good luck with support, but don t expect too much.

0 Likes
fivepints
First Poster
Options

Hello,

It seems ive got a very similar issue with my monitor too. With mine though the screen is so bad i cannot get into the menu to try and reset it to factory defaults. if only there was a reset method that didnt rely on getting into the menu, surely this would help?monitor.jpg

0 Likes
Steingrimur
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, and can not update firmware, seems the usb does not read any usb key.

0 Likes
ln2402
First Poster
Options

I have been ahving the same problem over the years as well. The best way I founf to resolve the problem quicker is to change PBP mode. Yes I know this means you need the menu but I memorised the clicks. Click the menu button> Go right One> Click menu button> Click Menu button again>Up or down One>Click menu button.

Changes to PBP off and screen is one big screen. wait about 30sec for everthing to settle and then turn it back on again.

Thanks my workaround anyways let me know if you get a permanent fix as I would love not to do this.

0 Likes