Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting Application SamsungDeX Faulting Module ntdll.dll

(Topic created on: 19-07-2022 01:58 PM)
n3tvad3r
First Poster
Options

I used to use DEX on my windows 10 machine, now working to get it working on a windows 11 machine and after several uninstall and reinstalls of DEX I get the same issue when I try to start it. Ive tried some online options thinking its ntdll.dll but a message popped up after trying to reinstall it or copy another version over, something about you can not register ntdll.dll, as it is no COM dll.

Anyway, looking for suggestions on how to fix this and get DEX working on this machine again. Below is the event log entry:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          7/19/2022 7:50:00 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      01AD-O1-372692T.schools.gcps1.gwin

Description:

Faulting application name: SamsungDeX.exe, version: 2.4.0.29, time stamp: 0x629866c2

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22000.778, time stamp: 0x09c67c09

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ea829

Faulting process id: 0x6698

Faulting application start time: 0x01d89b65ac9e958b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung DeX\SamsungDeX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 92dc8d25-68b7-4726-94ff-e295b4ffa58f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Delete and reinstal some how you have deleted the needed dll file
0 Likes
n3tvad3r
First Poster
Options

Greetings, in my original message I stated "after several uninstall and reinstalls of DEX" for the application, and if you meant the DLL I stated "Ive tried some online options thinking its ntdll.dll but a message popped up after trying to reinstall it or copy another version over, something about you can not register ntdll.dll, as it is no COM dll."

Thank you for the reply. 

0 Likes
n3tvad3r
First Poster
Options

Anyone else come up with this issue?

0 Likes
mohsh86
First Poster
Options

Have same issue, running windows 11 22H2, not sure what's going on..

0 Likes
mohsh86
First Poster
Options

do you have multi-monitor setup by any chance?

0 Likes
DTiJeremy
First Poster
Options

I'm having this same error on my boss's system, he does have multiple monitors, three 4K displays, he had them before though and this issue just started for him in the past few days, I get the same ntdll error as the original post, Re-installs do no good, disabling AV does not help either. the program seems to work fine on other systems in the office.

0 Likes