Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does using Gear 360 2017 alone WITHOUT a phone produce better quality images and videos?

(Topic created on: 06-11-2017 01:41 AM)
GoHurdler1
First Poster
Options

A Facebook post stated that using the Gear 360 2017 alone without a phone records videos and images in a higher resolution/quality.  Is that true? That seems to be incorrect information since the phone is what most people will use the Gear 360 2017 with.  FYI I have a Note 8. All of my videos and still images have been dull . The only time that they look good is if I view  them when they are extremely small, but then it becomes a pointless image or video if I can't see details etc.

• Would that mean that I would always have to hope that I have my main subject exactly where I want them since I wouldn't be  using my phone?

• Would that mean that I would always have to connect the Gear 360 2017 to my desktop or laptop and upload it to websites that way?

Does anyone know if this is accurate information or if it is completely false?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AntS
Options

Hi @GoHurdler1. :robothappy:

That information didn't sound right to me either, so I did a bit of digging. Looks like it depends on the phone you're using. Pulled this from the User Manual:

Gear 360_2017_Resolution01.JPG

Regarding the dullness of the video and pictures you've taken with it, have you had a play around with the settings on the camera to see what effect they have?

Gear 360_2017_Resolution02.JPG

0 Likes