Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Court action against Samsung for screens design fault for galaxy book laptop

(Topic created on: 14-05-2024 12:48 PM)
Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

Here a group to gather all who are interested in pursuing Samsung against the faulty screen design of the galaxy book laptops that lead to an issue of durability of the screen which is prone to physical damage even when used with reasonable care!

I believe many of you are facing a similar problem I have! That is why I came up with an idea to gather more people as possible to start a Group Court action against Samsung for screens design fault for galaxy book laptops.

Please state you interest to go through with it and let our reasons to be heard! 

Regards,

Laura

Go to solution
30 REPLIES 30
RBurton
Apprentice
Options

You can email the CEO here - https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/email-the-ceo/

It's just another avenue we can take to try and get this defect acknowledged.

Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

Hi RBurton, 

Thanks for your messages, keep in touch definitely following through I will try everything else before taking legal action and wait for more people to que on the line 🙌🏻

0 Likes
YvonneT79
Apprentice
Options

1000002925.jpg

1000002926.jpg

after my threat of the lawsuit contacting corporate, being denied at first,  I emailed them firmly that I would give them one more  chance to do the ote or proceed with a personal as well. 

They issued a ote to fix it.  Here is the proof and their contact info

Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

Hi Yvonne that is nice to hear, I personally would prefer a refund and they can keep the faulty product as if it happened already without doing anything to it I am confident that It could happen again so I am not buying their one time courtesy not that they did offer to me ever 

Thanks for sharing! 

If I were you as you receive it do pictures and protect it with extra screen protector and a solid case take again pictures to show the further protections you put in place.  You never know with this models!

I won't take any chances if something happens even though all this protection misures will be extremely unlikely they can swing things saying that has been mistreated courtesy or not courtesy ✌🏻

0 Likes
YvonneT79
Apprentice
Options

I as well do not want it! I work internationally and that will break if you breathe on it.  I may just sell it. I'm still attempting for a full return after this plus the tech I paid out of pocket to try and prove it was not my fault. I have kept all my receipts

JRBean
Apprentice
Options

An update on my case. The guardian have now published an article about my issues  - https://www.theguardian.com/money/article/2024/jun/12/samsung-laptop-galaxy-book-360-screen-cracks 

This makes Currys response to the issue very public so hopefully it may help other Currys customers get a refund too if they share the link with Customer Services. I hope it helps!

RBurton
Apprentice
Options
Hi Yvonne,

I am experiencing a similar issue. I've been on the phone today with Digicare, the third party Samsung use for repairs.

The lady on the phone told me it would be a chargeable repair. I said I was under the impression that Digicare was assessing whether or not the cracked screen was due to a defect in the product, or whether it was due to physical action. The lady from Digicare told me there was no way to tell whether the crack was due to a defect or physical damage and that Samsung "expect us to treat it as out of warranty and a chargeable repair".

This completely contradicted everything Samsung had told me, even the UK presidential escalations team manager. They've said that it would be assessed to determine the fault. But clearly there's no way to do this as said by their third party.

I want to know, did you go through a solicitor when tackling this?

All the best
Richard
0 Likes
Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

Amazing!!! Well-done you break in effectively on bringing up the issue publicly thank you very much ! 🙌🏻

0 Likes
KevinMiller81
Journeyman
Options

I have got nowhere with Currys despite JR Bean's publicity I'm afraid 😨 

Screenshot_20240620_190157_Gmail.jpg

0 Likes
Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

Hi Kevin, 

I tried to call the Alternative dispute resolution and leave a voicemail but they never call me back 

I did not know their existence till more research I could I know they never bother to reply to my letters 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am still here waiting for a final decision from the ombudsman claim against creation the partner financial company of Currys 

This all situation is unfair but still got some energy to follow through and pursuing justice so keep in touch if more action is needed 

All the best 

Laura

0 Likes