Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

980 Pro 2TB model?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 11:07 AM)
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

I read that there would be a 2TB 980 Pro with part number MZ-V8P2T0BW, but I have yet to see any official release date or product specs. Is it still happening or should I just get the 1TB model instead?

47 REPLIES 47
TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
I've seen the listing for it on Scan, CCL and Ebuyer. You can't do anything with it on Scan, Ebuyer says it has been discontinued and CCL says it is out of stock. Apparently it was supposed to be released today but Samsung Unpacked didn't mention it once and a Samsung support person said they have no details on it and told me to watch the unpacked event today but as already mentioned nothing was said about it. I also saw on a listing of it that in September 2020 it was mentioned that a 2TB variant of the 980 pro will be out by the end of the year. I have no idea why it hasn't been officially announced yet and I can't seem to find any further info on it at all 😕
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

Funny enough, I set up CCL to inform me when stock was available. I ordered one on Monday morning, they're sold out again now though. Order is still processing but they exist!

0 Likes
TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
No way!!! I have setup to have them notify when they are back in stock as well. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to restock but at least I know they exist now
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

I got it for £392, cheaper than expected and cheaper than the original listing on Scan

0 Likes
TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
Yh hopefully they are back in stock soon. Just seems very odd that you can buy them but Samsung don't rven acknowledge or list it on their site. have they mentioned how long its going to take to arrive or anything?
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

Well I had it down for DPD delivery today but it's still processing. There are the normal delays due to Covid but until I see it's been despatched I'm not convinced they're even real!  Samsung product code is correct for this SSD.Screenshot 2021-01-14 172015.jpg

0 Likes
TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
Hopefully it's not a troll xD Will have to let us know whether it gets dispatched or not. Hopefully they are legit and I can get one soon
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

Well it was CCL's website and I paid by PayPal so I'm covered if it's a stitch up but I do want one ASAP 

0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

Update from CCL website: The weather has now delayed all orders, nothing shipping today. Fan-tastic 

Screenshot 2021-01-14 174839.jpg

0 Likes