Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 01:03 PM)
Vit3llu5tm
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have this 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, and i get a temperature around 55-58 when gaming, that samsung magician say is too high.
I have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite mb. and i use the heatsink that came with it. According too Samsung, a heatsink is not needed as their own cooling solution on this cards is good enough. My question is, should i just remove the heatsink, will it be any cooler without it?

The case is a fractal design define r6 with 1 fractal design venturi 140mm for exhaust and the cpu cooler is a liquid cooling system also used as exhaust, this is a corsair hydro h100x.
Intake is 1 x 140mm venturi 2 x 120mm venturi and 1 x 120mm fractal design dynamic
20200722_134038.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

without the heatsink it will only heat up more. are you sure that you peeled of the plastic protector applied on the pad of the heatsink?

0 Likes
Vit3llu5tm
First Poster
Options

Yes, the plastic is off. I tested today, removed the heatsink, kept the sidepanel open, the temp ended up on 52c.
So i put back the heatsink, closed the sidepanel and the temp is 44c. Which have been the normal since i got the disk.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Don't know...

0 Likes