Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Reminder: What’s new in One UI 5? Part 2: Automatically sorted categories

AntS
Options

samsung blue 1.png

IconImage_20220829054743902_NEW_WAP_ICON_512_512.pngReminder is an app that makes it easy for you to keep lists of things to do and things to remember. It provides a smart feature that notifies you in advance of times, places, and situations related to your things to do. Reminders set with alarms can also be checked on the Calendar. If you’d like to know a little more about Reminder generally, then check out my previous article here; and also Samsung Reminder: What’s new in One UI 5? Part 1: The List Screen.

In this article, once again with a little help from my Reminder app friends, we’ll be looking at the automatically sorted categories.

Categories

01.jpgIf you go to the Navigation menu of the Reminder app, you can check your reminder items by categorising them into automatically sorted categories and user-created categories. The automatically sorted categories are divided into ‘Today/Scheduled/Important/Completed’ according to the properties of the reminder.

‘Today’ category

The ‘Today’ category is a new category provided through in the One UI 5 update, which makes it easier to check what you need to get done today at a glance. Check the total number of reminders to be completed today and the number of remaining reminders at the top of the main screen of the Reminder app.

You can also see them at a glance by selecting the ‘Today’ category from the ‘Select category’ widget.

02.jpg

‘Scheduled’ category

03.jpgReminders with scheduled time can be viewed together in the ‘Scheduled’ category. Check the tasks you’ve been procrastinating on (not that I ever procrastinate of course… ), as well as upcoming events.

Creating Reminders

You can now create reminders in the ‘Today/Scheduled/Important’ categories among the automatically sorted categories.

When creating a reminder, items corresponding to each category’s properties are input automatically, for example when creating reminders in the ‘Today/Scheduled’ category, today’s date is input automatically in the Time.

04.jpg

05.jpgAnd when creating reminders in the “Important” category, the important (yellow starred) items are pre-selected, allowing you to create reminders more quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Reminder app friends have set reminders for themselves to give me (and you of course) more insight into the Reminder app, so look out for more articles on it in the future; and let us know your thoughts on the Reminder app in the comments.

footer (2).png

6 Comments