Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two R1 as Stereo PC speakers

(Topic created on: 27-06-2017 12:36 PM)
aTomo
Journeyman
Options

Hi Samsung and everyone else.

I have two R1 speakers that I can't use as I intended for the moment... (because of this: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/HW-K650-and-Two-R1-Wirelss-Speakers-in-5-1-With-K... )

... so I was thinking, while I wait for Samsung to get an update out to fix that problem I can use the two R1 speakers as PC speakers.

So my question is: Is it possible to "install" the speakers as computer speakers and get all computer sound streamed to them? I have a windows 10 machine.

If I play music on Spotify I can pair them into a stereo group and select them as playback device in the Spotify app but if I want to watch a video on YouTube for example I can’t send the sound to the speakers it seems.

So unless I have missed something I would like the possibility to group the two R1 speakers to a stereo setup with Bluetooth as input (it should be possible for the speakers to create its own adhoc network just for them) or the possibility to stream all computer sound through Wi-Fi just as I can do from my Samsung TV.

Regards

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
jase
Apprentice
Options

Problem has been resolved with the latest firmware updates.

Regards,

jase