Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBD-K8500 NEEDS UPDATING!

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 09:10 AM)
LukeP7
First Poster
Options

This is an issue that has been widely reported on. 

Samsung UBD-K8500 players are not reading certain new Discs, supposedly due to an AACS incompatibility, where SAMSUNG NEEDS TO UPDATE THE PLAYER.

"This Disc does not meet specification" - crazy

The most recent update is old now, it doesn't fix anything, we NEED A NEW ONE. 

Here are multiple links to people having EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEMS - just google "ubd k8500 disc does not meet specifications" - it's all there

To be honest, this is really bad of Samsung to just ignore this issue, as we have spent lots of money on a player that literally doesn't play some discs anymore. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

22 REPLIES 22
Quad Monkey
First Poster
Options

Is anyone from Samsung going to address this?

Seriously going with another Brand now.

0 Likes
JPhield
First Poster
Options

I just spend 2 hours with the help chat on this very issue and they had no clue.  Had me resetting, powering down etc.  Check if disc from Region A. ..  Very disappointing.  I have a cheaper player from Samsung, plays everything fine, also my Visio, Sony and Panasonic not a problem.

Virtually any newer release BlueRay will not play on my UBD-KM85C player, can't rent BlueRays from RedBox anymore.  Seems like everything since about 2018 has this format issue.

That is what we get for buying what was one of their top end units at the time.

No more Samsung purchases for me 

0 Likes
john9617
Apprentice
Options

just purchased "no way home" trilogy blu-ray and its saying exactly the same even though i just watched the 1st 2 movies in the HOME series ,iv got to use my older sony player to watch No Way Home  how crazzzzzy is that,think ill be looking to ditch samsung products.

RandyN
First Poster
Options

Why has this not been addressed yet? I still have problems playing certain blu rays. Get this ***** fixed samsung or give me a different player that will….idk play blu rays!?

0 Likes
WWiggins
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. New Blu-ray releases will not play in my UBD-K8500. Disney's Jungle Cruise Blu-ray disk ejects but the DVD disk plays without issue. "Cannot play this disk. The disk does not meet the specifications." Is the error message for new Blu-rays. Has Samsung released a statement? I have two of these players.

0 Likes
WWiggins
First Poster
Options

I talked with Samsung and the company does not plan on issuing any new firmware updates. 1015 is the last update. Samsung will still refurbish or repair UBD-K8500 4K players.

0 Likes
TammE
First Poster
Options

will Samsung fix the issue if the player is sent in for repairs?

0 Likes
Joeykitty
First Poster
Options

I contacted Samsung a couple weeks ago concerning this problem.  The CS rep did not understand the problem; wanted to charge me to have my player checked; couldn't convince them that this was an endemic problem!  No additional responses received... Buying another brand!

0 Likes
Bobby Finstock
First Poster
Options

I just started having the same issue as well. It really sucks because I had a stack of 4K halloween season type movies I was very excited for. Now I have no idea what disc works and what doesn't. I had my heart set on The Thing 4K (John Carpenter) last night and my player rejected it. It seems as though a firmware update would easily solve this problem. Please samsung as a loyal customer for over 20yrs, issue an update or tell us we're SOL so we can decide what do with this player!

0 Likes
Mark256
Student
Options

UBDK8500

I have just bought a Disney Blu ray for Christmas for our Grandchildren which gives the "disc does not meet specifications" when it is put in the player.  The Grandchildren are not going to be happy.

The disc  works fine on my friends Panasonic player.

I've tried setting the BD Live to "ignore" in network settings as suggested in a forum, and it makes no difference. Considering how much money we have spent over the years on white goods, Tablets, TV's, soundbar and DVD player this is very disappointing.

I thought Samsung kept on top of software issues but apparently not.

0 Likes