Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV connection to Soundbar keeps disconnecting

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 08:51 AM)
SRW
Student
Options

I have the same problem reported widely across a number of Samsung soundbars where the connection between the TV and the soundbar keeps disconnecting and the TV resorts to outputting sound via its own internal speakers.

Has a solution been found? Has Samsung even acknowledged the fault that so many customers have reported actually exists?

I have a Samsung Q90T TV and a Samsung HW-S60T soundbar.

I had problems when I initially set them up - I remember learning that Samsung soundbars had this defect then - I can't remember the precise details of the workaround the community came up with (If I recall properly, Samsung just denied the problem existed) was to not use Arc - and accept degraded performance.

Anyway, cut to now, and the problem has appeared again.

I thought I might try updating the soundbar software, but that revealed more Samsung defects! I can add the soundbar to SmartThings (and it works fine for checking its status etc) but it won't connect to the TV via WiFi (and in the process, the software then disables the soundbar in SmartThings, stating the soundbar is "offline" - until you remove the soundbar from Smart Things.

This is one of those Samsung problems where you start off wanting do so something simple - just have the Samsung TV play sound through the Samsung soundbar - and then all the Samsung failings take you down a spiral - to get it working you need to update the software - that doesn't work.

To do that you need to connect the soundbar to the Wifi. That doesn't work.

To do that you need to connect the soundbar to the TV using Smart Things. That doesn't work. The software actually disables the functionality there was there before.

Crunchingly frustrating.

36 REPLIES 36
Rob_D
First Poster
Options

I just got a Q80C and a HW800C. Apparently I just bought a new way to turn your TV on. Spend an hour trying to get the soundbar to work with the TV disconnecting and reconnecting and reconfiguring on and on and on. The eARC went from being HW800C to MXB42 TXB whatever that is. If I turn the tv off the soundbar/tv wifi goes away and doesn't come back unless I delete the device from DumbThings and add it back again. In the meantime it defaults to telling me eARC isn't all it's chalked up to be and receiving a bit of sound as it switches between TV speaker and defaulting back to eARC. $3000 for nothing.
I'm not even going to ask how to fix it because obviously fixing is all the tv/soundbar is good for.

0 Likes
Digital Ben
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem. After a few years of perfect picture and amazing sound, ARC HDMI drops out and thankfully HDMI WiFi works.

it works for a while, then that drops out. Then I can go back to ARC HDMI. 

this is so frustrating, we paid good money to get a high quality system that is easy to operate. Now I have to walk everyone through how to fix it. 

replaced the HDMI cable with a 4K one. Worked a treat for about an hour. 

it must be an update or a memory issue

0 Likes
Rabbieboy
Journeyman
Options

I just got new tv and soundbar last week. EVERY morning soundbar comes on for a few seconds then disconnects! A quick fix is to switch tv off at mains plug for a few seconds, but I shouldn’t have to do that every day after spending literally thousands of pounds on my equipment! I only wish to connect via Bluetooth not hdmi or optical.

I have 

SAMSUNG OE85080CATXXU 85" tv and 

SAMSUNG HW-Q930C/XU 9.1.4 soundbar.

Any solution idea greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Digital Ben
Journeyman
Options

Hi mate,

I suggest that you should update the firmware (system update) on your TV. I did that and a few days later it worked. 

It’s worth a try

Cheers,

Be 

0 Likes
Rabbieboy
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ben, yes that was my first thought, but software was up to date. I tried turning off auto update, and that worked for 1 night! I’m not happy at all, like others,  after spending over £3000!

0 Likes
Mjay871
First Poster
Options

Brand new Q80C with basic same issue. It’s all good till I turn off the TV. When I turn it back on my JBL sound bar has disconnected and it has gone to TV speakers. Have to go back into the menu to get the sound bar back. It’s connected with the optical connection. Works great other then that 

0 Likes
Mjay871
First Poster
Options

Has Samsung responded to this problem?

0 Likes
Rabbieboy
Journeyman
Options

I found that using a good quality HDMI cable keeps the connection between the soundbar and external surround speakers in my Samsung Q930C with my new Samsung TV. I also have an optical cable attached, but TV and soundbar apparently look to connect with the HDMI cable before optical one, according to the instructions. No loss of connection/sound in last 5 days or so since using HDMI. The sound is amazing, like being at cinema!

chelseamouse
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problems only had tv and soundbar a few months just got the soundbar back from Samsung having the firmware updated however I still have the same issue
0 Likes
Members_23PxvZY
First Poster
Options

Hello all, 

I thought to write the ONLY solution I found Maybe this helps someone in the future. After trying everything mentioned in this report and doing extensive research I found out the issue. 

There are two issues that might be causing this problem (if simple issues like removing the electrical cable and resetting the TV and soundbar did not work) :

1- The software of the tv needs updating. And I am not talking about auto update through wifi or USB. Someone from Samsung needs to remotely access your TV and update it. This is the Only way that worked for me. So my advice call (not text or write on the forum) samsung and let them do this. 

Now this is problem number 2 :smiling-face: the remote. Yes the remote. After fixing my issue through the remote access and updating the software my soundbar worked perfectly and the sound output was automatically fixed and everytime I turned on the TV the output is tv+soundbar Until I linked the soundbar remote to the universal TV remote. DON'T DO THAT. you can operate the soundbar with smarthings. After I linked the remotes the same issue happened again soo I had to do the same thing all over again. 

I hope this helps. 

Good luck