I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.
I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.
I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.
Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!
This is what fixed it for me
- Turn off soundbar
- Remove soundbar from smart things
- Turn on soundbar, now press - and + buttons at the same time (on the device not your remote) until
- INIT appears, then BYE and the soundbar turns off.
- Turn on soundbar
- Add the soundbar again (You need to completely reset it, as for some reason my old network settings, although working would not allow my speaker to work with any device over WIFI)
- Soundbar shows up in spotify again.
Just to share my experience with my HW-q80r. I installed a new access point in my house, i connected the soundbar to this access point and the soundbar wasn't appear anymore on spotify. I tried the fixed shared above but without success.
So i checked the configuration on the Access Point and i change the multcast processing ("Send multicast unmodified" to "Convert multicast to unicast"). With unicast, it's works perfectly. My soundbar appaear again in spotify. t's seem the Soundbar with Spotify connect don't like multicast.