Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect doesn't detect HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 10-09-2019 10:53 AM)
Nulheim
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.

I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.

I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.

Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!

76 REPLIES 76
ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options

Sounds good but how do you do this? Too many problems for a device this expensive if you ask me. 

0 Likes
TolgaAkcan
First Poster
Options

Go on your router settings turn off your 5 GHz keel 2,4 ghz on. That’s it. 

0 Likes
ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options

Sounds cool but I along with many others enjoy the high speeds of 5 gighz and it’s old technology at this point shouldn’t be conflicting. 🤔

0 Likes
TolgaAkcan
First Poster
Options

This is an easy way to fix. You can set different password for both wifi networks and reset the soundbar subsequently connect it with 2,4 ghz network. You don’t have to cancel it all the way. Just offered an easy fix for common denominator 

0 Likes
TolgaAkcan
First Poster
Options

If you keep both wifi then turn of band steering function.. otherwise soundbar keep jumping 5ghz network. 

26DB17E2-038C-438C-B813-26D1EF0B0F52.jpeg

0 Likes
jkdk69
First Poster
Options

Here is what worked for me. I am not aware of the precise root cause, but there seems to be a steady status issue between Samsungs server identification of my Samsung Spotify Connect devices : at some times I could see my Samsung wireless speakers as spotify connect devices and sometimes they were gone. Painful. The problem does not seem to be 5Ghz, because now I got everything working on 5Ghz -

1) In Spotify, change it to stream to target your handheld device (not to a Spotify Connect device). This would remove any streaming connection between your Spotify account and your Sammy account.

2) delete your spotify app for good measure

3) delete the Samsung device from the Smart Things app. That should make the deplete the Sammy server from any registered data.

4) turn off and on the Sammy device, and then reset the Sammy device

5) Now add the Sammy device to Smartthings, bau

6) Now install and login to Spotify on your device - use "Samsung login" as login method (don't use FB or email)

7) For me, that gave me access to my Samsung speakers as Spotify Connect devices

😎 As a final step, set you your Sammy device to have a fixed IP in your router

While this is highly unscientific, it worked for me

0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

But it seems that the basic thing is that you must have Spotify Premium, otherwise none will work.

Awinas
First Poster
Options

+1. I experienced the same. 

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options

Did you get it sorted?

I posted a solution to this problem

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options

Unfortunately you require Spotify premium that's right but you can use Amazon music or tunein tnstead 🙂

0 Likes