Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soundbar video passthrough to a projector

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 12:17 PM)
Thant Sin
First Poster
Options

Hello guys,

I just recently bought a HW Q990b soundbar and my main reason is to link it to Apple TV 4K to be able to listen to Apple Music in Dolby Atmos. And I'm thinking of whether to get a TV or a projector for the visual. So if I already have an Apple TV box, it does not make a lot of sense for me to get another expensive TV with a large screen, and my preference is to get a 4K projector. So my concern is that, because Apple TV has only one HDMI output, if I use the soundbar to send video to the projector, will it work? I will connect the HDMI output of Apple TV into HDMI input of the HWQ990b, and then use HDMI eARC output to the projector HDMI input? Apple TV > HW Q990b > Projector. Will it work and show video in 4K HDR? My question is can I connect the HDMI eARC output to a normal HDMI input on a projector? That would make the set up a lot easier in terms of cables across my room to be able to get full Dolby Atmos sound and 4K HDR video. Has anyone used the same set up before and worked? Any advice or workaround to get all these features would be appreciated. Or should I just get a Samsung TV to be safe? Having both a big Samsung smart TV and then Apple TV 4K just to listen Apple Music in Dolby Atmos would be a bit redundant for me.

Thanks a lot guys

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Arun_v
Student
Options

Yes. It will work that way..i have tried the same setup...but the video quality is not as good as the direct connection of ur apple tv to a projector 

0 Likes
Arun_v
Student
Options

And also i have noticed tht dolby atmos is  not working with amazon prime/ netflix videos, when we connect apple tv 4k or firestick 4k/cube...it works for sunnxt dolby atmos movies but not for amazon n Netflix

.if the soundbar detects dolby atmos content, it will display it as Dolby atmos on the sound bar...

0 Likes