Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issues Q95T and Q70T

(Topic created on: 30-10-2020 11:37 AM)
krisleeds
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung 55" Q95T connected via eARC to a Q70T soundbar and have issues with sound delay.

Specifically if I have either my Nvidia Shield or 4K disc player (or anything 'external') connected via the OneConnect the sound arrives before the video. Lip sync is clearly out. 

Also if I play Atmos tracks it's really delayed and cuts out for a few seconds before playing, out of sync and again can stutter.

Normally I would change the sync time but not sure that is working and may be making it worse.

If I connect either the Shield or Player to the soundbar the audio and video are in sync - no delay or stuttering.

It's really frustrating as I purchased this especially for the OneConnect box.

I have brand new 2.x compatible cables also.

Has anyone any suggestions please? Hopefully it's something basic!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Fraz6
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the Q95T connected to the Sony ST5000 soundbar. I gave earc on and with Virgin TV, I can use pass through. I can also select auto.
However, when I switch to freeview, the sound experiences drop out and is useless. I have to go int o the tv menu and change the sound to PCM. A pain in the neck. 
I also have the Samsung Q9 downstairs and tried to connect my player Cambridge Edge N2 using the Atlas Mavros optical cable. The sound constantly drops out and is hopeless.

What is going on Samsung? 

0 Likes
BobaMikeTea
Student
Options

Anybody experiencing this problem?  I have it on the most basic setting and it still happens.  eARC is off and Dolby is off.  This happens within 20 minutes to an hour of using.  My HW-Q70R is on the latest firmware too.  It is connected to my 85TU800D

https://youtu.be/BPUiF_xUVBA

0 Likes