Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HT-J4500 No surround sound

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 01:13 AM)
RedSimpatico
First Poster
Options

Hey guys! I have this very weird problem with my home cinema setup... It used to work 100% but now it will only play surround when I use my chromecast or stream movies from surface to tv via minidisplay-hdmi.... If I want to play a blueray disc, it only produces the sound in Stereo...

I have plugged in the hdmi on the receiver to the ARC on the TV and I have done all the setup on the tv as I can..its a Phillips TV from 2018... If I want to use my playstation it also produces the sound in stereo.. The PS is pluggede in HDMI nr 2... both parts used to work in surround, both playstation and bluray discs.... It stopped working over night. I have bought a used older Samsung home cinema setup called HT-F4500 and I have plugged it to another TV, and the same problem occurs....only stereo sound when playing blueray movies....  First I thought it was my TV that was *****, but now I dont think so, because of the test I made...

I have switched the hdmi cables to brand new ones,  have reinstalled the player, reinstalled the new drivers and so forth.... I really cant see what I am missing....

Do you guys have any ideas or thoughts, please share, because its driving me crazy.... I forgot to mention that sometimes the receiver "throws" the speakers...so either there is only like 3 speakers avaible under "test sound" or they are all gone...then I have to unplug them all and put them back in , before the might work again.... 

Thanx:)

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Please clarify what devices are plugged into the soundbar directly and what is plugged into the TV
0 Likes
RedSimpatico
First Poster
Options

Its not a soundbar but a home cinema 5.1 surround system... 

I wrote : from tv ( hdmi arc ) to the bluray player  directly with hdmi cabel....

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
hmmm okay, well it's got fairly rubbish connection options for a cinema surround system. Shame the only real choice you have is to hook all your devices up to the TV because that will undoubtedly cause such problems with potentially bad firmware on the TV which manages the HDMI sound input and output. The reason I asked about inputs is because I use a full size AV receiver with a bank of HDMI ports, optical audio inputs, bluetooth and wifi. I have since looked at the manual for your product and to me it looks like there's nothing really you can do apart from checking for a missed TV firmware update.
0 Likes