Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q990B dolby atmos issues with Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 10:21 PM)
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

So, this is a massive complaint post. There's, at this moment, massive issues with using this soundbar paired with an xbox series x + dolby atmos. 

My setup is Xbox Series X > LG C9 (earc) > Q990b

Passthrough, eARC on and on Xbox Dolby Atmos Home Theatre.

If you use the soundbar on any mode other than Standard there's no center channel on dashboard or any Non-Atmos game. Open up Rocket league, free play and test it. No car engine sound nor ball touches as they're 100% centered.
It works if you open a native atmos game.  It doesn't matter if Upmixing on the Dolby app is ON or OFF.

If you use Standard, the center channel works fine on dashboard and non-Atmos games, but the subwoofer doesn't work. Completely "off". It works if you open a native atmos game. 

This means that one has to keep changing the xbox's output from 7.1 uncompressed for everything apart from specific atmos games. Instead of turning on dolby atmos for everything. 

Would Samsung be able to comment and hopefully fix it through firmware? 
22 REPLIES 22
NanoGuidingStar
Apprentice
Options

I'm 100% sure this is Samsung's soundbar issue since you can reproduce this issue by connecting Xbox directly to Soundbar HDMI IN.  From my understanding, no other brands' soundbar encounter this issue.

NanoGuidingStar_0-1669948201910.png

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2022-samsung-q990b-11-1-4-dolby-atmos-dtsx-soundbar.3231071/post-62...

Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

I hope there's anyone from Samsung reading these forums because as far as I know there's no other way to get their attention.....

Members_4rHFJu2
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem with q990b. Hope Samsung will fix it soon

ShamzUddin
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue, paid a lot of money for this system mainly to use with the Xbox Series X. Samsung better be working on a fix!

Tdebono
Student
Options

I also have this issue.

Atmos titles sounds great and will show when you click the info button "Dolby Atmos"

Change to a nom atmos game and it when you click info it will says Multi CH PCM, but breaks completely  with zero centre sound.

Sptzz87
Explorer
Options
What do you mean when you click on "info"?
0 Likes
Tdebono
Student
Options

The 'i' button on the soundbar remote

NoReaction
First Poster
Options

Same problem here! And also dolby digital games front surrounds gets mapped to the rears really loud! Spent alot on this soundbar and this will probably be my last from Samsung!

Supercrush
Student
Options

Well guess what? I have the exact same problem w/ my xsx connected directly to my 990b.  I tried power cycling, giving it auto eq do overs and everything else suggested on av forums and reddit. Nada.  I play Battlefield 2042 regularly, and being unsupported by atmos I hate having to toggle from Atmos to Dolby digital everytime I boot the game. It's an amazing soundbar, but as primarily an Xbox gamer this issue can kick rocks. Surely a firmware update can extinguish this? Please? Otherwise this'll be the last Samsung product I purchase 

0 Likes