Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800C Soundbar Speaker Buzzing sound when Paused

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 10:49 AM)
Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Q800C Soundbar for about a week now - connected via the included HDMI cables to a PS5 and to my Samsung UE55NU7100 TV.

Either when playing a game, or when watching TV - if the TV is left on PAUSE (no audio) for anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes, a loud buzzing sound will start. If playback in resumed, the sound of the media is VERY distorted and unpleasant.

A poweroff and restart of the soundbar resets the issue and resolves it.

Can any one advise what the problem could be? I have checked the connection points of the HDMIs, but not tried to replace the cables, nor have I checked if a software update is required.

I'm also not sure if this is a known issue - but I just don't know how to search for it on these forums.

Responses appreciated! This is an odd problem, but if I can't get to the bottom of it, I would like to return the product within the return window.

19 REPLIES 19
Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

Replying elsewhere - but I sent it back to the tech vendor who tested and it was not able to repeat the error. They are hence blaming my setup or TV (PS5-Arc-Samsung TV).

I'm frustrated - I don't know if I should go to Samsung now, or just accept the 90% refund I was offered and buy new.

I'm just really concerned this is an issue I have NOT figured out - so could just get it again with a new device.

0 Likes
_JCH_
Apprentice
Options

For sure that this is a problem with specific configuration. I have some old Samsung TV (lol) and Samsung Soundbar Q930C connected via HDMI ARC and have the same issue with buzzing sound when pause the TV content. More people have the same problem (Reddit) and I hope that it's a problem with FW and will be solved asap. I'm still waiting for Samsung back Contact.

0 Likes
James B
Journeyman
Options

I also have my Sky box connected to a Samsung TV and then ARC to the soundbar. I've not tried directly connecting the Sky box to the Soundbar to see if it still occurs.

My error is still not happening on every pause but every now and then so I'm thinking this could also be difficult for Samsung to replicate. 

From yours and 'JCH' response, it sounds like the issue may be the ARC connection, so I'm also not really sure what to do moving forward at the moment, whether to return or contact tech support in hope that eventually they'll find a fix. 

0 Likes
petes2003
Apprentice
Options
Just an update, if I control my Virgin V6 box using the Samsung smart remote, I cannot replicate the issue when pausing or fast forward / rewind. It only seems to happen when using the Virgin remote. Also my soundbar occasionally looses HDMI E-ARC connection as James B reports. The only way I get the connection back is to unplug my HDMI cable completely, plug in another temporary lead which connects to E-ARC then plug my original back in and it is OK for another 2 weeks or so before repeating the issue.
James B
Journeyman
Options

I will be moving my sky box this weekend and connect it directly to the soundbars hdmi input instead of an ARC connection through the TV.

Will report back if this issue has improved / or continues to happen over the next couple of weeks.

petes2003
Apprentice
Options
I'll have to eat my words, after 3 weeks of mainly using my Samsung Smart remote with no buzzing issues, it has just faulted when I had my Virgin V6 box on pause, so back to square one.
0 Likes
Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

So once my soundbar was returned - I tried running it direclty to the TV (no PS5 connection) and still had the problem. I have tried two cables - and from this thread I'm inclined to think it's not the TV.

What else could I try to see if I can isolate the issue further? I don't have another TV - I guess I could borrow one - but that's a pain.

Does anyone know how you can raise this with Samsung? Again - the other thread I've seen has someone getting Samsung to replace the unit because of a 'motherboard issue'

0 Likes
Jboyd103
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  After pausing for a minute or so, the soundbar has a loud feedback.  The only way to correct the issue is to turn it off and back on again.

It's a real pain in the butt.  After paying $1000, I really expect more.

The fact that nobody from Samsung support has offered a solution here is unacceptable.

stig83
First Poster
Options

Having this problem with q800a it's only started happening today on mine and only when using q-symphony 

0 Likes
James B
Journeyman
Options

Since changing from Sky>TV>soundbar to Sky>Soundbar>TV  this seems to have improved in reducing the issue from happening. Almost no problems for a few weeks and then it re-occured when I was trying to quickly fast-forward a recorded program. 

@stig83 have you updated firmware recently and noticed it happening since? 

Just wondering if this is an issue with newer firmware that is now affecting older models. 

0 Likes