Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60T woofer has strange backround noise spoiling the sound quality

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 05:47 PM)
Jaffers
Student
Options

Hi All,

just recently bought a new Samsung TV QLED 49” TV which I am very pleased with but when i play my new Q60T soundbar on it the woofer has a strange background interference noise on it that spoils the sound especially at low volume.

anyone had the same experience and is there a fix?

Chris

27 REPLIES 27
Mike-RF900R
First Poster
Options

Hello. Having just brought a new tv and soundbar which is the same as yours I too am getting this noise and Really irritating. 

Did you find a solution as I’m only a day into ownership and want to return it. 

Mike. 

Chris183
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I’m having exactly the same problem as you and Mike. Purchased The a Frame TV and the Q60T Soundbar. As you describe, the subwoofer is ‘droning’ and is still noticeable even if I reduce it to the lowest level (-12). I had it returned and the replacement does exactly the same. If Samsung actively review the comments on this community, I’d like to hear from them!

Chris. 

AliBr
Student
Options

Having the same issue.  Samsung sent it to their repair centre who claim there is no fault.  Extremely disappointed as clearly this shouldn’t happen.  Wouldn’t recommend anyone buy this.

0 Likes
Chris183
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that but not surprised given that my replacement item performed exactly the same. I've organised for Samsung to collect it and refund me in full. In Dec. last year, I bought the HW Q60 R and it performs perfectly (but which is unfortunately no longer available). Like you, I'm very disappointed with the Q60 T. 

sinansengun
Journeyman
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem for HW T450. It doesn't matter what woofer level or eq I set.

Valentins
First Poster
Options

Bought recently QLED Q80T TV with Soudbar Q60T, and having exactly the same issue with woofer background noize. Especially clear you can hear it when setting sound level on low settings (1 to 5). Connected my phone thru Bluetooth and played some music directly, but unfortunately same background noise issue. Would be nice to get some comments from Samsung officials. ☹️

0 Likes
Chris183
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that. I returned my Q60T to Samsung and upgraded to the Q70T. Pleased to say it works perfectly with no background noise from the subwoofer at all. Purchased it via John Lewis this time who are offering 20% cash back on Samsung soundbars for a limited period. Something to consider...that droning noise just made it unwatchable for me. 

0 Likes
cristianpetti
Apprentice
Options

hi, due the same issues i'm going to replace the Q60T  with the Q70T too! Did you find any issues with new one?  

0 Likes
Zabransk
First Poster
Options

Hi,

yesterday I bouhgt also this sounbar and expext simillary good quality sound like Q60R which I have in the my other TV, but I there is problem as you mentioned .

Volume 1-5 - there is noise like dron.... 

I would like make a new Update Firmware today.......I will see, because I like soundbar and hope that problem will be solve.

I would like also disconnect BT (switch complete off) and connect TV only by HDMI ARC.....

0 Likes