Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network is disconnected repeatedly

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 01:01 AM)
Jake Caldwell
Apprentice
Options

Repeatedly disconnecting from WiFi and Bluetooth. Will play the sound “ network is disconnected “ several times over and over again up to 3 times in a minute. I have tried unplugging the device and removing it from smart things and then re adding the device and plugging it in and it works for a couple days like it should and then will constantly disconnect again. Very irritating as I paid a lot of money for this product and it rarely works as it should. Also when using the built in Alexa it won’t play any songs from Spotify and says “ Spotify is not supported on this device “. Not sure if this is a fault or not but why would a smart speaker cost this much and not be able to play music from the worlds most popular music streaming service via it’s built in Alexa ? Had to buy an echo input to make this product. Please help me resolve these issues as I loved this product at first but now I can barely use it.

Model :HW-S61T

23 REPLIES 23
Rahul K
First Poster
Options

[ISSUE FIXED]

Hi Everyone,

I have a Samsung Soundbar HW-S61A and after 3 months of troubleshooting, I think it is fixed for me now (fingers crossed).

Please find below the steps by Samsung technicians. The 3rd and last visit did the trick I feel.

1st Visit: 27 Dec 2021
The motherboard for the soundbar was changed - Issue still persists

2nd Visit: 17 Jan 2022
Soundbar manually updated to latest firmware (ver 1010.1) - Issue still persists

3rd Visit: 9 Feb 2022
Replaced the WLAN PCB - Issue resolved!

So for the Samsung Soundbar HW-S61A, the Wi-fi module is not part of the motherboard and hence replacing it separately, seems to have fixed the "Network is disconnected" issue.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Members_mVVTK3G
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and did a reset of the soundbar by pressing and holding - and + with the soundbar on for 10 seconds. It did a firmware update which seems to have solved it. I had no need to change the motherboard or WLAN PCB or anything but mine is connected via HDMI cable.

Jeff56
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. Very annoying having “Network Disconnected!” verbal announcement at random times varying from several times a minute to once in two or three hours! I have the Soundbar connected by HDMI cable so audio from TV was not interrupted. 
Got on web chat to Samsung engineer and eventually stopped the announcements by turning off the network (press network button underneath 30 seconds) I never use the network, but can still connect iPhone by Bluetooth if I want.

The engineer said the problem was caused by inadequate broadband Wi-Fi signal, which I find hard to believe as I can watch Netflix, BBC I player or ITV Hub without interruption using Wi-Fi signal to the TV.

I’m happy now, but many wouldn’t be as it is a very expensive piece of kit not to be working correctly!

0 Likes
neuroparadox
First Poster
Options

This worked for me, I would get the network disconnected message randomly and whenever I tried to use Alexa.  After relinking it all works properly.   Kind of annoying but the problem is probably with the Amazon interface and not Samsung itself, in my case anyway.

Michael Noonan
First Poster
Options

Hi Harry,

I have the same soundbar and TV combination. After trying many methods I have found a way to stop the constant “network is disconnected” message and the soundbar cutting out. Unfortunately it means you can’t use some of the functions claimed, but it appears the soundbar is incompatible/bugged with Alexa.

My fix was to de-register my Amazon Alexa account from the SmartThings app, then remove both the TV and Soundbar from SmartThings. You don’t want to be using this as this will maintain wifi connection to the soundbar which is clearly what’s messing it up. I then did a hard reset on the sound bar. + & - buttons for 10 seconds. (You will see the LED lights flash when it does it). The soundbar will switch itself off, turn it back on and connect it to the TV via Bluetooth using the tv remote going through setting on the tv. The TV then asked me “do you want to share the TV network Information with the soundbar”, the answer is NO! 

This means you can’t have the Alexa function on the soundbar but that’s a price I’m willing to pay to watch TV without that paranoid schizophrenic that lives in the soundbar shouting at me every 3 minutes.

Hope this helps.  

Tannie83
Student
Options

I firmly believe that this is THE issue and (unfortunately) the answer we all need. It's a shame it's not circulated more. It's taken me months and months of scouring through endless fixes and even sending it back to Samsung to be told the speaker is not faulty.

Grrrr.

I uninstalled Smart Things and just left it connected from TV to speaker. Simple. Hey presto, I don't hear the demon lady every minute anymore.

It's absolutely ridiculous that I've had to do that on a piece of £300 smart Korean equipment. 

But I'm happy and not wanting to smash my face through a window now. 

Thank you! :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Andyc6
First Poster
Options

This is the technique that I have employed. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

virtualjon
First Poster
Options
I've had similar issues to the people on this thread and think I found my issue which I am posting here in the hope that it may help someone. Our family was going crazy with the "network is disconnected" messages... I've reset the soundbar multiple times, changed wifi, moved the router closer, tried turning off the network using the button underneath. The only way I could make the soundbar work was with an hdmi cable and effectively wifi/Bluetooth off. So the issue I found was with my Samsung account and the fact that my soundbar was registered several times. I noticed this after doing a hard reset of the device but then about 18 mins later getting a message from the smart things app that "my device had been removed". I logged on to my samsung account and there were multiple soundbar devices registered. I removed them all, started again and since this point all has been fine. If you are getting the dreaded "network is disconnected" messages then check your samsung account to see if the device has been registered multiple times.
0 Likes
virtualjon
First Poster
Options
I've had similar issues to the people on this thread and think I found my issue which I am posting here in the hope that it may help someone. Our family was going crazy with the "network is disconnected" messages... I've reset the soundbar multiple times, changed wifi, moved the router closer, tried turning off the network using the button underneath. The only way I could make the soundbar work was with an hdmi cable and effectively wifi/Bluetooth off. So the issue I found was with my Samsung account and the fact that my soundbar was registered several times. I noticed this after doing a hard reset of the device but then about 18 mins later getting a message from the smart things app that "my device had been removed". I logged on to my samsung account and there were multiple soundbar devices registered. I removed them all, started again and since this point all has been fine. If you are getting the dreaded "network is disconnected" messages then check your samsung account to see if the device has been registered multiple times.
0 Likes
Tannie83
Student
Options
The issue is an Alexa bug. Rid yourself of the Smart Things app and just connect the speaker to TV however you wish. (Yes, this is not ideal, but Samsung clearly don't give a toss) .
0 Likes