Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom App Issues; No reply from Samsung support; Bugfixes which could be implemented

(Topic created on: 01-12-2017 12:44 PM)
alxmorph
Journeyman
Options

Dear Samsung Support Team,

I faced various troubles with the Multiroom App for Android devices (Galaxy S7).

1. There is no equalizer in the surround mode (HW-J8500R + 2 R1 Speakers), so you have to listen to the music in neutral (flat) settings. This is very disappointing.

At the same time, it is possible to configure the equalizer in the surround mode via Windows PC, the PC App has this feature, the Android App does not.

This issue has to be fixed, otherwise it makes no pleasure listening to the flat sound. Equalizer is a must in any of modes, if you want to make your soundbars and wireless speakers more attractive on the market.

2. Each time when you want to play music not in the surround mode, you have to cancel the surround mode and to group the speakers manually again. It would have been better to be able to have both options together.

For example: you have the surround setup option simultaneously with the group mode. You will just have to tap either on surround or on the group to make the particular mode to work.

This option will oust the everlasting necessity of creating of a surround setup when watching tv and creating of a group setup when listening to the music. See the screenshot attached.  

3. When using a "group setup" R1 speakers do not function while watching the TV. In this case, the soundbar only works but the R1 speakers are silent. The TV is connected to the soundbar via HDMI ARC. The only possible way to get the R1 speakers work - is to switch to the "surround setup". 

Please, enable the feature when it will be possible to hear the sound from the R1 speakers while watching the TV in a "group setup".

Thank you for your help and cooperation in advance!

Best regards,

Alexander

Screenshot_20171031-130247.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @alxmorph. :robothappy:

Have you sent your suggestions for improvements to the Multiroom app over to that app's development team? If not, then you'll be able to get in touch with them by email at multiroom@samsung.com.

0 Likes
alxmorph
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ants,

yes, I have already twice sent an email with the same suggestions, issues and screenshots to:

multiroom.us@samsung.com,
multiroom.uk@samsung.com,
multiroom@samsung.com

The first attempt was on the 31th of October, and the second time I have sent an email on these 3 emails adresses on the 9th of November.  :robotfrustrated:

I still did not get any response, I mean, even no automatic reply, that my email was received. :manmad:

This is why I have decided to write my suggestions here, because I feel as if my emails were sent in vain. :robotmad:

0 Likes
alxmorph
Journeyman
Options

I see that the situation with the multiroom support team as well as with the samsung community support team is the same. 

Nobody is interested in your problems. The main thing is that you have bought a Samsung product and that's it. :smileymad:

Another issue is that you are not able to configure the Subwoofer level via Multiroom App......

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @alxmorph.

I've pitched your suggestions at my contacts in the Mobile software team. I'm hoping that they can pass them on to the relevant app development team for you. I'll let you know of any feedback I get. 

0 Likes
alxmorph
Journeyman
Options
Hi AntS,

Thank you! I hope that my suggestions will be heard soon.

alxmorph
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately nothing has been done.

2 months have passed, but none of the above-mentioned issues have been fixed.

I guess this were my last purchases of samsung devices....

I have sent 6 Emails in total and did not get any reply. 

Total ignorance.  

Now even TuneIn services do not work, it is impossible to switch on the internet radio, cool.

0 Likes