Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Multiroom app fails to complete connection to MS650 soundbar

(Topic created on: 10-03-2018 01:20 PM)
pastim
Journeyman
Options

I have an MS650 soundbar (August 2017).  I have been thinking about getting additional speakers, so I attempted to connect to it via the Samsung multiroom app (version 4132) on Android (both version 6, and 7.1.2 on different mobiles).  I did this once shortly after buying the soundbar and it worked then, and I updated the firmware. I hadn't tried again until a few days ago, and now it's driving me crackers.

I get as far as a succesful connection (the apps says the speaker has been connected), but then the app stalls showing 'configuring new setup', and finally says there is no such speaker.  I have tried dozens of times, on 2 different mobiles, always with the same infuriating result.

I know the soundbar has connected to wifi because it says so on the soundbar, and I can also see the soundbar in the list of devices connected to my router.

When my TV (a late 2015 UE65JU7000)  is connected to my LAN via ethernet, I can play sound via wifi to the soundbar (although I normally use HDMI TV-ARC).  When the TV is connected to my LAN via wifi I cannot see the soundbar as a wifi sound device from the TV.  I have not exceeded the number of concurrent wi-fi devices on my router, and I am not blocking any wifi MACs.  The wifi is all on one SSID, 2.4Ghz (since my mobiles don't support 5Ghz).

As I understand it If I can't get the app to work, I can't add speakers. This is, to put it politely, not good.

Help!

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
soepie27
Student
Options

first install the app smart things from samsung then setup the speaker in there then it will work

0 Likes
pastim
Journeyman
Options

That worked.  Thanks very much.

soepie27
Student
Options

glad i could help enjoy your speaker

0 Likes