Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q950T - extremely loud volume from Spotify Connect

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 03:28 PM)
mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm playing music on my HW-Q950T soundbar / surround sound system using Spotify Connect from my iPhone Spotify app, both units connected via my home wi-fi.

The volume is extremely loud. It's basically unbearably loud already at 15 out of 100 volume points. I'm guessing playing at 50 would explode the speakers...! 

The volume is much louder than when playing from my other source (Samsung TV via HDMI eARC, QE65Q60TAU), and also much louder relative to any other sound system and what to expect when having the volume at 15/100. Vice versa, volume point 1 is already way to high in terms of what to expect.

This also makes it difficult to increase or decrease the volume, both from the iPhone Spotify app, the Samsung remote and the iPhone SmartThings app. One click or a tiny swipe makes too much of a difference.

Is it possible to fix this in a firmware update? Thanks 😊

IMG_8075.PNGIMG_8081.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
BruceH
Community Manager
Options

Hi @mjustiniano,

Could you share the firmware version from both the TV and the soundbar?

You can try and update the soundbar through the Smart Things app as well 👍

rsz-846676
mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

Hi Bruce!

Sure; both have the newest available firmware and have autoupdate activated.

IMG_8276.PNGIMG_8277.PNG

0 Likes
BruceH
Community Manager
Options

Does this only occur when you use Smart Things to stream to the soundbar? Or does is happen as well when you play music through Bluetooth for example?

Seems to be a common issue with Wi-Fi speakers in combination with Spotify: https://bit.ly/2UIXl3K

rsz-846676
mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

Hi Bruce.

It occurs when streaming from Spotify through Wifi / Spotify Connect. I don't use Bluetooth.

Thanks for the link, it seems like this is a Samsung bug.

Let's pray Samsung decides to fix it some time.

0 Likes
älg
First Poster
Options

DD7DD7FF-39F5-496F-AC7F-64DDB27AF030.jpeg

Any news regarding this, as it’s still a major issue?

Could Samsung provide us at least with an option to limit the max volume for all inputs to prevent the excessive high volume?

0 Likes
mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

No, I haven’t heard anything regarding this and several other really stupid and annoying bugs, so I won’t choose Samsung again. I wish Apple or Tesla made TV’s and sound systems, then it would work.

Filikun
Apprentice
Options

This is a big problem! With Spotify connect and iOS a volume up press on the phone takes the volume from low to very high. This can’t be intended and is very much a fault/bug. 

mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

Agree. 
I found another sound bug: When connecting AirPods Pro through Bluetooth, it starts the connection by default at 100 % volume. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. This is both when connecting a new pair of pods and when reconnecting a known pair.

This will be my last post, since Samsung isn’t reading the posts nor doing anything about it, so it’s just a waste of time. LG next time.

0 Likes
Filikun
Apprentice
Options

Can you set max volume or something on LG? I’m hunting for a new sound bar at home but it won’t be a Samsung. This problem is deal breaking. I’m trying to help my mother with this issue but probably she will need to use her tv to stream music to this Samsung sound bar.